Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners nGauge

Tuner in Training
    Im running one of these on my ecoboost truck right now that I purchased from CJ Performance and it is awesome just even have the gauges helps so much!

will ngauge ever work GM & Dodge as it fully does the Fords?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostofnyc View Post
    will ngauge ever work GM & Dodge as it fully does the Fords?
    im sure it is in the works soon, its inevitable I assume
    they just got the csv files working in scanner today which is awesome as well

Tuner in Training
    GM first then Dodge

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    Lot of great info in the HP Tuner nGauge Facebook group as well: https://www.facebook.com/groups/nGauge/

A Spanish Oak and a Copperhead config file is posted there along with access to the latest versions (up to v175 now)

With the new 175 version you don't necessarily require a config file because you have a new concept called Favorites that allows you to select other PIDs aside from those selected on your gauges to also datalog.
    How do we get this info w/o Facebook?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by esacteksab View Post
    How do we get this info w/o Facebook?
    I would message the OP, Jim Ferraro and he can get you more information.

Tuner in Training
    Does the ngauge only work on coyote engines?

It works on most 2011+ Ford PCM's with the supplied cable. This includes 5.0, 6.2, All ecoboost (2.3, 2.7 and 3.5), 3.7, GT500 etc..
    2005-2010 Oak processors (4.6 3V, 5.4, 2010 and earlier GT500, etc etc etc) are supported with an additional FEPS cable (due to different programming voltage)

The nGauge is $449 retail, $349 jobber (2 at a time for resale) and $299 WD (5 at a time).
    It basically combines a tuner, datalogger and fully programmable gauge all in one.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    (Distributor of the HP Tuners nGauge)
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
    I would message the OP, Jim Ferraro and he can get you more information.
    Getting ready to launch a new website here very soon with a dealer login and lots of info.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Ferraro View Post
    It works on most 2011+ Ford PCM's with the supplied cable. This includes 5.0, 6.2, All ecoboost (2.3, 2.7 and 3.5), 3.7, GT500 etc..
    2005-2010 Oak processors (4.6 3V, 5.4, 2010 and earlier GT500, etc etc etc) are supported with an additional FEPS cable (due to different programming voltage)

The nGauge is $449 retail, $349 jobber (2 at a time for resale) and $299 WD (5 at a time).
    It basically combines a tuner, datalogger and fully programmable gauge all in one.
    Jim do you know if the nGuage + FEPS calble will work with the Australian Fords? I have a couple of people interested but finding out if it works is proving difficult. Eric supplied the details late last year:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post408297

Also do you supply the FEPS cable and if so what does it cost?
    Last edited by DarrylC; 04-17-2016 at 02:10 AM. Reason: supply not supple

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylC View Post
    Jim do you know if the nGuage + FEPS calble will work with the Australian Fords? I have a couple of people interested but finding out if it works is proving difficult. Eric supplied the details late last year:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...l=1#post408297

Also do you supply the FEPS cable and if so what does it cost?
    With the new board design, FEPS cables are no longer required.
    I am unsure if it will work on the Aussie Ford, but I am trying to find out.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    PM sent.

so it doesn't hold any licenses correct? needs to be tuned with a cable, then what? I have an 05 mustang here with one now.

Thanks,
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by UMSTuning View Post
    so it doesn't hold any licenses correct? needs to be tuned with a cable, then what? I have an 05 mustang here with one now.

Thanks,
    Tony
    you need to extract the factory file that's in the vehicle with the ngauge and license that file with hpt. you can alter that file and export it to the ngauge and burn it into the car. I usually will calibrate the car with hpt and then when I have a finished file or so I will then save it to the ngauge

separate software or with the gauge itself? i didnt see a read option in it.

Got it...wont read though. is this car supported?
    05 mustang gt

nGauge tunine

Quote Originally Posted by rshoe09 View Post
    you need to extract the factory file that's in the vehicle with the ngauge and license that file with hpt. you can alter that file and export it to the ngauge and burn it into the car. I usually will calibrate the car with hpt and then when I have a finished file or so I will then save it to the ngauge

Here is the process:

1. Use the nGauge to read the stock file (this way, your customer always has a means of returning to stock, with or without you).
    2. If the car is local, use VCM Suite for all R&D. Take a read of the stock file with VCM Suite, create your tunes and then go ahead and leave whichever tune in the vehicle you want. The nGauge does not care.
    3. Take your final calibration (s), and open them in VCM Suite. From the .hpt file, go to File > Export > to e-motion. This will create .ENC files (think of it in the loose analogy of converting a word document to PDF). The nGauge needs .ENC tuned files. You simply drag and drop those onto the CUSTOM FILES folder on the nGauge (micro SD card), and your customer will be able to go between stock and tuned at will. We once tested how many custom files will fit in the folder and we stopped at 20. It's enough =o)

Questions about the process, call me: 407-588-7546
    Last edited by Jim Ferraro; 09-02-2016 at 03:11 PM. Reason: typo
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

There was a split in the production of the nGauge.
    Early units required a FEPS cable to tune 05-10 Oak PCM's, while later units tune 05-17 right out of the box.

If the portion of the cable that connects to the ALDL port has a gray patch on it, it is the new design. If not, it is the old design and you'll either need a newer nGauge or a FEPS cable.
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]

Thanks for the quick reply...Moving along!

Tony

Fixed. Up and tuning
    Jim Ferraro
    Ferraro Speed Parts Inc
    407-588-7546
    [email protected]