Thread: Ls3 c6 lean stumble

Ls3 c6 lean stumble

Mods
    234/246 .600 .600
    Longtubes
    Vararam

Just installed a fast 102, car is on a 2 bar os and ran perfect now have a lean spike any time you tip in from low rpm did tons of ve tuning and maf. Nothing seems to be working and it does not want to idle sometimes. Also noticed the stft want to pull fuel -25% even when it idles at 14.6-15 afr.
    Tried lowering crank counts from 56 to 15 thinking transistant fueling but still having the issue. Any thoughts?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by rbsurfer View Post
    Mods
    234/246 .600 .600
    Longtubes
    Vararam

Just installed a fast 102, car is on a 2 bar os and ran perfect now have a lean spike any time you tip in from low rpm did tons of ve tuning and maf. Nothing seems to be working and it does not want to idle sometimes. Also noticed the stft want to pull fuel -25% even when it idles at 14.6-15 afr.
    Tried lowering crank counts from 56 to 15 thinking transistant fueling but still having the issue. Any thoughts?
    Lowering crank count will bring transients in sooner but you may have to rich enough them up as well by messing with the gain or impact. Also I would set the counts to 24 or so so you don't have them kicking in at idle.

Quote Originally Posted by ttz06vette View Post
    Lowering crank count will bring transients in sooner but you may have to rich enough them up as well by messing with the gain or impact. Also I would set the counts to 24 or so so you don't have them kicking in at idle.
    Ok I will look at the impact and gain I'll try maybe 10-15% more and see if I get a good result also going to smoke test the manifold today. I've heard alot about them not sitting right and leaking.

sam 2010 c6 2 BAR OS + MAF5.hpt
    here is the tune file. should the impact tables be lowered since it is the amount of fuel hitting the port wall. in turn making the ecu inject more fuel?

sam 2010 c6 2 BAR OS + MAF5.hpt
    here is the tune file. should the impact tables be lowered since it is the amount of fuel hitting the port wall. in turn making the ecu inject more fuel?
    Raised...since the ECU will compensate for a greater amout of fuel sticking to the walls by richening up. You can see this from the higher numbers in the lower IVT areas of the table. Also increase the factor as the MAP increases if you need to affect change as it seems that the ECU calculates a difference in the cells and applies the change. If they don't change it holds the prior change constant even as MAP increases.. Also adjust only the MAP/Air Flow/IVT areas that you are having the problem. Lot of trial and error here but it worked for me.
    Last edited by ttz06vette; 01-26-2016 at 12:21 PM.

No leaks found on smoke test and car runs perfect on sd only. I am going to rescale the maf again

Advanced Tuner
    Why do a 2 bat OS on such a simple combo?

Sometimes over complicating things makes it worse....
    https://www.facebook.com/tuningbyshanehinds
    [email protected]
    2009 G8 GT [email protected] 1.60 - Sold
    2008 A6 LS3 C6 Cammed [email protected] 1.44 Sold
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Advanced Tuner
    Also the idle air and timing are WAY off.

If interested email me the 100% stock tune to [email protected]
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by 04blackgmc View Post
    Also the idle air and timing are WAY off.

If interested email me the 100% stock tune to [email protected]
    Idle air was turned up to help it in SD and idle timing I like 20*. I went with the 2bar os just so I didn't have to use the bluecat stuff car runs great but for some strange reason when sd and maf are used together it can't get right

Advanced Tuner
    Idle air was turned up to help it in SD and idle timing I like 20*. I went with the 2bar os just so I didn't have to use the bluecat stuff car runs great but for some strange reason when sd and maf are used together it can't get right
    Like i said you idle air is way off along with other things.

This is a simple combo. Don't make it hard
    [email protected]
    2013 CTSV wagon 9.21@151
    2015 C7Z bolt ons 10.0

So I've tried the gain and gas tab on impact and evap and still not any better. I'm at a loss on why its not getting better. I've added up to 30% and it won't change at all on tip in

Can't open your file from my iPad but you could try adjusting main, idle, and coast down spark tables to be closer in the affected areas.

How would spark be causing a lean condition? I just don't know why it only happens on sd and maf together never when one is alone

That VE table looks pretty rough. It should be quite a bit smoother assuming injector data is right (IMO anyways)

Agree with others.. min airflow is way too high.

Post a log of this issue happening.

So I tried going back to the stock os and its fine now so it is strange how it would not run the same ve table on the 2 bar os. I have to do a little more vve tuning I am at +-5% now. Also I may have to do some o2 adjustments being the car idles at 14.7-15 with stft off and pegges the wideband at 22.1 with them on.

That makes no sense. Can you post a log of the wideband being pegged with STFT's on?

Yes I'll do it tomorrow. I know it makes no sense only conclusion I can think of is 15* of overlap giving them raw fuel. I attempted to tune the o2 by logging mv vs afr and 825mv is 14.5-15 afr but when that is applied to the tune its gets very freaked out and stft will peg 30.1 or -30.1 until I start driving then its perfect. So I am forced ol maf and ve running pretty decent. +-5% in all ve and maf error. I feel as if I try too hard to make it all work together but it just can't happen

Tuning Addict
    Dial in your injection timing for your cam and dial in your O2's for the headers... Should take care of everything... By screwing up the O2's I actually had one thinking 850mv was stoich on one. Got the O2's correct and it went back to 450ish being stoich... Your integrator appears to be very low, just for instance. Just to make the "headache" less, dial in injection timing first to how "it's" best with throttle snaps and fuel trims being the most negative consistently. Then put back into closed loop and dial in the o2's by comparing to your wideband and if possible you can typically fix the "big swings" via the O2's as well....
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Dial in your injection timing for your cam and dial in your O2's for the headers... Should take care of everything... By screwing up the O2's I actually had one thinking 850mv was stoich on one. Got the O2's correct and it went back to 450ish being stoich... Your integrator appears to be very low, just for instance. Just to make the "headache" less, dial in injection timing first to how "it's" best with throttle snaps and fuel trims being the most negative consistently. Then put back into closed loop and dial in the o2's by comparing to your wideband and if possible you can typically fix the "big swings" via the O2's as well....
    Have you ever had problems with the o2 being too cold and not reading correctly. If I'm am driving I can get them to be great but if I stop and idle for 2-5 mins the trims go crazy. Been reading your inj timing stuff and I will try again but I am still having a slight miss 2400-3000 rpm sometimes my boundary is 520 and that seems to work the best. Maybe my wideband is too far away (3 feet from collectors) to be giving current afr