Thread: bnr2871 and zzp stg 2 cams on 2009 hhr ss

Tuner in Training

bnr2871 and zzp stg 2 cams on 2009 hhr ss

Is there any info on cold start up and drive ability w/ these cams? Searched everything I could, with no luck. Also, having an issue with the BOV fluttering under boost (at least it sounds like the BOV). And, I'm not able to read boost at all. New 3 bar maps and I've changed the vacuum routing multiple times. Even swapped both solenoids w/ others that were proven to be good.

Here's a log and the tune for any criticism you guys feel necessary.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    fluttering is usually a sign the bov is not routed properly. did you by chance route the tubing for the bov the same way as the factory? if yes, you really need to have a dedicated line straight from the manifold right to the bov. the manifold signal is crucial. the factory setup does weird things to am bov's due to its limited transfer volume slowing the signal response down too much.

the cams run fine and have great drive ability. if you had an lnf cam ground to an aggressive profile that pushed the edge of drive ability the computer would constantly throw a misfire code for idle. the misfire counter is super sensitive on these motors. it so sensitive that if you adjust the idle to lope for a ghost cam setup, by the time you shifted enough overlap to hear the results in the exhaust the engine runs too rough and throws a multi-cylinder misfire code. you should have no running problems with those cams.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I do have the BOV hose ran straight to the manifold. And the spring is adjusted about 75%.

My concern is I'm getting a lot of knock at idle. I'd hate for the car to self destruct at idle. Sometimes KR is 10*. Then, I'm seeing up to 5* while applying 20-35% throttle, driving at low speeds. I'll get a cold start log. I've seen other lnfs behave better at cold start, with them. Maybe it's the turbo and the cams?

Thank you for the input.
    Last edited by kissmy05ss; 01-23-2016 at 01:49 PM.