Thread: When changing Driver Demand tables, does anyting else need changed?

Advanced Tuner

When changing Driver Demand tables, does anyting else need changed?

If I modify my Driver Demand table, do I have to worry about modifying any other tables becuase of the Driver Demand changes?

The reason that I ask is becuase after some recent changes to my Driver Demand tables (mainly reductions - so I need more pedal travel to reach/maintain the same speeds), I started getting some pretty severe KR at pedal positions in the range where I made the most changes. Now I did make some otehr changes, but they were very minor timing reductions (2 degrees at most) and I also reset my "Peak Torque" table back to stock values (reduced it).

Since making those changes, I get severe KR at high cylinder airmass values @ 1600rpm. This is where I'm at on the highway while getting up to and maintaining speeds of around 75mph. I've NEVER seen KR levels and durations like this before at any RPM or airmass. I did reset my fuel trims and that didn't seem to help either. Now, it has been colder here than normal, so maybe that plays a role?

Just wondering if my DD, minor timing reductions and Peak Torque reductions could have caused this issue. I'm mainly looking at the DD changes.

I guess I'm just looking for confirmation that Driver Demand table changes should required changes to any other tune parameters (besides maybe transmission shift value due to the pedal position differences).

Thoguhts?

I'm going to try reverting the changes, but just figured I'd ask...

Thank you!

Advanced Tuner
    FYI, I reverted the changes and I still see a lot of KR at 1600rpm - under high and low pedal/airmass situations. It must be false knock due to the cold or something rattling becuase of the cold or something. Will keep an eye on it and see if ti goes away over time/differernt temperatures...

Just have never seen this KR before. It stays put long enough to drive the Knock Learn way up (won't go past .17 though for some reason). Never hear any knock. Very strange....

Anyone have any thoughts about this and why it came on all of the sudden?