Thread: Mustang BA5000 MAF conflicting info in 2.25 scanner?? Or just a crap Maf.....

Tuner in Training undergroundak's Avatar

Mustang BA5000 MAF conflicting info in 2.25 scanner?? Or just a crap Maf.....

Admins can delete this post......looks like MAF voltage is the only accurate MAF pid for this car....
    steep learning curve with new software and tail chasing complete, check
    tuning almost complete, check
    HP scanner is getting closer but not fully replacing SCT scanner (yet), check......

Thanks!
    Nick
    Last edited by undergroundak; 01-18-2016 at 07:49 PM.
    Underground Performance
    (907)349-1555
    undergroundperformance.us
    Dyno tuning and Custom builds
    HP Tuners
    EFI Live
    Diablo Sport CMR
    AEM

What are you working on? What's missing in the scanner?
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training undergroundak's Avatar
    Eric,

I'm completing a tune on a 2009 Mustang GT. Built motor, Whipple at 22PSI with BA500 MAF in a 3" tube, twin gt500 pumps with voltage boosters. Personally, I would have set the car up differently but it works....
    Looks like the main pid's I'm missing is inj. pulse width, commanded fuel pump voltage and MAF ad counts.
    I have it sorted without them but most 2010 and down Ford guys love running goofy maf sensors (BA500,PMAS etc) rather than go to a big tube. Without AD count being logged I have to convert the data when MAF scaling due to most MAF scaling data provided by the manufacturer for modified sensors is SCT based which always refers to AD count rather than voltage. The fuel system pid for commanded pump voltage helps speed up dialing in aftermarket or dual pump controllers.
    Otherwise the only other thing that through me through a loop was that the pid for mass airflow (sae). The reading went up to 80lbs and then started over and then began to climb from 0. I thought there was an issue with the maf sensor until I logged with SCT and found my AD count and voltage consistent. I then ignored the sae reading, used voltage in vcm scanner and went on tuning.
    All that to say, we don't have to have these PIDS but having them would make Ford tuning with HP quicker and the transition for SCT guys less daunting. It will also allow the guys who have primarily tuned Fords better understand and be comfortable with HP's software in general for tuning other makes.
    One of the main reasons I try not to use Diablo sport (unless I have to) for complicated tunes is because their logger sucks for most vehicles. Not having all the information makes me trial and error to many things to get a tune right.
    You guys are kicking butt, keep up the good work!

Thanks!
    Nick
    Underground Performance
    (907)349-1555
    undergroundperformance.us
    Dyno tuning and Custom builds
    HP Tuners
    EFI Live
    Diablo Sport CMR
    AEM

Senior Tuner
    SCT displays voltage along side of AD counts in the table display. HP Tuners MAF tables are in voltage so the scanner will work fine for both to dial in the MAF. The big thing to watch do is odd axis scaling of the tables when setting up a Histogram (graph in 2.25)

Nick,

I am aware of the lack of parameters for logging. Up until recently our scanner would not even request this data from the PCM. I have the huge task of adding the parameters to each and every strategy ID we support. It is pretty high priority, so keep an eye open. We will have it finished soon.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

What about all of the pedal positions in the copperhead? Everyone of them in the software shows ad counts for trans or engine and scanning has no ad counts for the pedal? Am i missing something to logg ad counts for pedal?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kaineoutlaw View Post
    What about all of the pedal positions in the copperhead? Everyone of them in the software shows ad counts for trans or engine and scanning has no ad counts for the pedal? Am i missing something to logg ad counts for pedal?
    Can you "right click" on the logged channel and select ad counts as a display value?

I have not tried but the pids state voltage or electric potential so idk
    GOD HELP US ALL....