Thread: 2.2 Ecotec w/Supercharger kit

2.2 Ecotec w/Supercharger kit

Does anyone have the HPT cal files for the 2004 2.2 J-body with the Supercharger Kit? Apparently it allows the calibration to deal with the 2.5bar Bosch TMAP used with the kit. (Same supercharger used with the 2.0 LSJ)
    Please PM me or email ASAP to [email protected]
    Thanks
    WopOnTour

Advanced Tuner
    Not yet, we (the j-body people) are trying very hard to find somebody who is willing to donate the cal file. Not many people have the kit for the Eco yet.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Tuner in Training
    what allo is needed?...........if you guys have access to a techline computer.......where you can get the reflashes i will give up a vci number
    let me knwo hptuner guys

i just ordered all my stuff a week ago and still no reply whether it was recieved or not.

what i need is the VCM/PCM calibration ID #, like when you take a VIN like this 1G1JC12FX37213528 and enter it into calid.gm.com
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    You just need the ID? If thats it, I can probably get that for you.
    2.4L Twin Cam Cavalier Z24 | T3 Super 60 @ 9 PSI | FMIC | TurboXS RFL | Greddy Profec B Spec II | Custom HO Intake Manifold | 2.5" Charge Pipes | 2.5" Downpipe | HP Tuners | 5 Speed Swap | Team Green LSD | SPEC Stage 3 Clutch | Fidanza Short Shifter | Prothane Control Arm Bushings | Carbon Fiber Hood

Advanced Tuner
    Chris-

I got 4 numbers, I'm sure 3 of which are not what you are looking for, but these are the CAL ID's from a 2.2 Eco car with the S/C reflash:

I couldn't verify which one was the one you wanted, but I'm sure you can find out.

-Ron

Looks like i will need an actual read of the PCM, these numbers don;t give me anything.
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    ^ That was for a 2.2 Eco S/C Auto

Here is a 2.4 S/C Auto VCI Number: 601703 (preceeded with 12?)

-Ron

Shifted
    Do you have the VCI and cal ID for the 5sp version of the 2.2 S/C?
    WopOnTour

Advanced Tuner
    No I don't, I don't know anybody who has the 5 speed reflash.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    Looks like i will need an actual read of the PCM, these numbers don;t give me anything.
    I have full access to a SC Eco Man car with the flash. Unfortunately, I do not have the product yet (1 month so far since paid for) to connect to the car and 'get an actual read'.

How do you go about getting an actual read (when I receive mine)???

Advanced Tuner
    Connect the cable to the car, license the car, do a full read of the pcm, send them the .hpt file

Quote Originally Posted by mpprotomec
    I have full access to a SC Eco Man car with the flash. Unfortunately, I do not have the product yet (1 month so far since paid for) to connect to the car and 'get an actual read'.

How do you go about getting an actual read (when I receive mine)???
    or of additional use- if you get a cooperative tech when the reflash is done, see if he'll give you the VCI# (that he will need to get from TCSC once the supercharger is installed) or better yet ask him to take you a screenshot of the TIS summary screen prior to the burn that shows all of the various file numbers
    WopOnTour

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Shifted
    No I don't, I don't know anybody who has the 5 speed reflash.
    You guys need help, I have a 2004 chevy cavalier with the supercharger installed, with the damn gm reflash, with a 5 Speed manual. What do you guys need help with? I can help, would the p/n for the 5 speed reflash help at all i know it for both manual and auto. pm if you guys need any info for that.

Potential Tuner

CAL ID for 03' Cavalier with GM17800003 Supercharger

Here is the Cal ID for my 03' Cavalier with the GM reflash. I have the GM 17800003 Supercharger Kit installed on my car. The number is 16001591. Hope this helps.

Right now I'm looking into the Spectre EMS box since I can't modify the GM reflash. Hoping to go 'stand alone' but not many 03 Ecotec Supercharged engines out there with documentation as to how they did it.

Tuner in Training
    I have a question where can i go or who do i need to talk to on about getting a gm reflash for my supercharged 03 cavalier 5 speed i would like to get the stage 3 reflash if i could.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjr49 View Post
    I have a question where can i go or who do i need to talk to on about getting a gm reflash for my supercharged 03 cavalier 5 speed i would like to get the stage 3 reflash if i could.
    There is no stage 3 reflash for the Ecotec SC in J body.
    You either have the GM flash or you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by johnjr49 View Post
    Dude how many times do we have to tell you this?

Tuner in Training
    Does anyone have a HPT file for LSJ supercharger on a Cav 2.2 Ecotec engine ?.. Im almost done with the install and need a tune to start with

thanks