Cam is 241/246 369/362 .630/.617 112+2
    AFR 230 heads
    FAST LSXrt 102 intake
    42 lb injectors
    Nick Williams 102 DBW TB
    4200 stall Phoenix Transmission Converter
    RPM Built 4l70
    4.10 Stock rear end

I have just a base tune from the company that specd the majority of the build. I've bought hptuners to give a crack at tuning my vehicle along with the help of a friend from the mustang community that tunes his vehicle. He's familiarizing himself with this specific software so its going to be a slow process as I have no background in tuning.

A few things the car is doing that could use some guidance on...

1. When the vehicle is driven and the ECT gets warm/hot, on restart the vehicle revs pretty high. Generally anywhere from 2800 to 3500 rpms. The majority of the time it finds its way back down to normal idle, sometimes it hangs at that rpm, and rarely it gradually increases forcing me to shut it off.

2. When the vehicle is driven and the ECT gets warm/hot, the vehicle will shut off right at 199-203 degrees, as the fans seem to kick to high speed. Sometimes it stumbles/stalls acts like it wants to die, but will raise the rpms back up and go onto idle. Happens when I get to the shop and get out to open it up or get out to check coolant, fluids, etc.

3. After a cold start, let the temps warm up, and after the first mile or few stops of the drive, the vehicle will surge or buck right around 45 mph in 4th gear. The tune was adjusted, from stock tire height to the tire height of the M&H 325/45/17 tires, and I let the software automatically change the tune settings that were affected rather than doing so manually. That seemed to help for a while, but the surging reappeared today.

Here is the tune file and a couple of logs.

408 TBSS(1-5-16)(Locked ConverterNoThrottle).hpt1-2-16 First Log.hpl1-3-16 Second Log.hpl
    Last edited by 408TBSS; 01-13-2016 at 07:04 PM.

Right off the bat, idle-->airflow-->airflow final minimum is wayyyyy too high. Especially in the higher RPM's

That is likely why it's hanging IMO. Bring 1200 RPM's and lower down by maybe 30%. Use the values you end up with at 1200 out for the rest of the higher RPM's.

You'll have to mess with it. If it hunts for idle and goes below idle RPM then bounces back up then these values are probably too low. If it still hangs then they are too high

Fuel trims are pretty all over the place. Way positive at lower RPM's, way negative at higher RPM's, so MAF or VE need some work

Log idle adapt advance on the next log

What's the fuel system look like?
    Last edited by schpenxel; 01-13-2016 at 08:25 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you. Stock fuel tank, pump, and line.

Senior Tuner
    Hope you didn't pay money for that tune.

I, too, hope the same
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuner in Training
    I did. I was told he wouldn't have the time to remote tune. Sounds like he let me off the hook.

What are some areas that really standout?
    Last edited by 408TBSS; 01-14-2016 at 12:09 AM.

where are you located
    09 Pontiac G8GT LSA conversion & cammed (HP Tuned)
    07 Trailblazer SS Cammed & Nitrous Fed (HP Tuned)

Potential Tuner
    I'm not the owner, but I'm helping him (as much as I can). We are down around the Memphis area. I'll direct Chris over here if you have anything in particular you'd like to suggest. We more or less abandoned the "base tune", due to a lot of sketchy data that was inputted that was discovered when we first started.

Cool

try this startup tune.
    this is done on 2.25 beta
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot Luis. You didn't have to do that. Me and patrick hope to meet up Friday to keep chugging along on the tune. We'll take a look at this. Thanks again.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Luis, look forward to discussing some of this with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedmaster747 View Post
    try this startup tune.
    this is done on 2.25 beta
    Hey Luis how are ya buddy?

I found this thread trying to tame my NW102 408 TBSS issues as well. But Motorhead in Canada looked at my startup tune and basically said "change this" and I did and it settled down.

Say hi to my girlfriend !

Rich

'15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon

Senior Tuner
    LOL...Like a big family reunion in this thread.

hahahaha
    Hey guys, whats going on
    been busy like crazy with 747Garage
    Hope everyone is doing good,
    Rich your truck looks amazing, Geoff always sends me screen shots of your work lol

Yea everything going well here. Checkbook is bleeding from the build/resto. Yea everything I have heard sounds like you are very busy. You must be doing something right !

Thanks for compliments. I think it is coming out nice. Drive-able again and down to finishing a few things.

Stop by the site when you can. I know everyone misses ya.

Potential Tuner
    On topic/off topic, I dropped the laptop off with Chris this afternoon after fighting with it Friday. He isn't able to drive it withthe rain, but he says it starts perfectly now. Thanks to those of you took a look at things for us. We will report back when we are able to drive it and verify that it wants to act appropriately at all times.