Thread: Knock/Fuel Issue?

Question Knock/Fuel Issue?

I have been fighting with my 05 GTP trying to tune out some KR, and unsure if I am running out of injector or if there is something else I should be looking at. Car was originally tuned at a local dyno shop and didn't have any KR but was running pretty rich. About a week later I started seeing 3-4* at WOT with the same tune, still not ruling out that it could be false KR. I should also mention the car was originally tuned on a 3.5" SC Pulley but I have since gone to a 3.6" pulley which has made no difference in the KR department.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Mods:
    1:9.1 Roller Rockers
    3.6" SC Pulley
    ZZP Headers w/3" DP
    Upgraded MAF (Overkill Performance)
    93 Pump gas
    CAI
    Poly motor mounts

01092016.hpl brtune_factory timing.hpt

Do you have a wideband??

Because you really should. It might be knocking from over fueling.

Look at your injector duty cycle, it's over 118%. Thats beyond the max by a long shot. You only want to see 85-90% max duty cycle before you need bigger injectors.

Also, you should not need an upgraded maf sensor yet. A 3.6 pulley isnt pulling in enough air yet. I would try putting the stock MAF sensor back in and putting back in the stock maf table to correct fueling.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I do not have a wideband installed (have one just have yet to get it installed, same with injectors), however last time anything fueling/MAF changes were done was when the car was dyno'd (then on wideband) with a AFR of 11.4 - 11.5

I know the duty cycle was high, but some people a grand prix forum have said the reading is not accurate for the 04+ Grand Prix's.

I do not have the factory MAF anymore, but taken into account my AFR I don't believe that would be necessary, correct?
    05 GTP - 3.6/3.5 SC Pulley -ZZP headers w/3" DP - 1:9 Roller Rockers - Poly Motor Mounts - HPTuners - CAI - Upgraded MAF

bump - still looking for some assistance if possible
    05 GTP - 3.6/3.5 SC Pulley -ZZP headers w/3" DP - 1:9 Roller Rockers - Poly Motor Mounts - HPTuners - CAI - Upgraded MAF