Thread: Tinkering with my C10 and have a few questions

Tinkering with my C10 and have a few questions

I have attached my file and could use some input on the parameters to change to make my truck run well on 87 swill.

Truck is an '84 C10 with a completely and utterly stock 2000 iron headed LQ4 with a 4l80e. I changed a few parameters based on what I read online, especially with how sluggish the 4l80e's can be at times. The only mod to the truck are wheels, specifically 275/45/20's on the rear with 2.73 gears and electric fans. Hopefully I got something right. My future goal is to turbocharge the truck hence why I took out the original
    TH350 and tossed in the HD unit.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Me personally, I'd lower a few of the values for performance enrichment. They are pretty lazy in the stock cal.

Currently they are still set at a 5,000 rpm delay with 60 second delay, and the enrichment rate is at really slow. I like to set the seconds delay to 0, then the rpm delay to 2,000-2,500 rpm and set the enrichment rate to 2.0. That will let it kick in alot sooner and power can come in faster.

Make sure you are in advanced view to see everything.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

That is what I am talking about, Thank you. Clear and concise, you must be prior military. I appreciate the direction.

Nope, no military lol.

You just asked a basic question and that's a basic answer that is straight and to the point. They are just simple changes to that can make the truck act differently without really going into changing actual fueling or timing without a wideband.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I will make the changes this evening when I get off post. What about the 2 trans segments for the 4l80e? Do the look like a go or nogo for a stock 1500 pickup?

Will this work?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks fine to me.

Also, lower the enable torque % from 100% to 90%.

I will knock that out this evening brother.

For future reference is it mandatory that I buy the SD option or can I tune without it when I go SD only for the turbos?

If you have a 2-3 bar OS available for your computer, the "upgrades" are free, you just have to apply it correctly.

For many it's easier to tune in SD on a gen 3 computer instead of using the MAF sensor.