Thread: Filtering Out Transients when Scanning

Filtering Out Transients when Scanning

Did anyone come up with an effective way of filtering out transient fueling when scanning
    for VE and MAF calibrations. I'm going to continue to use 2.24 until the new scanner is
    out of beta testing, so I'm asking this for the 2.24 version of the scanner.

Like everyone else who does not own a dyno, I'm tuning based on driving on the street,
    and need to filter out transient fueling. The last time I checked, over a year ago, the
    dy/dt filtering feature of the scanner was not working correctly.

Most of the posts I read dealt with customers wishing to measure lambda error ONLY when
    TPS% was not changing beyond a certain threshold or rate over time to exclude transient
    behavior for the computation of lambda error correct factors to apply to MAF and VE
    tables.

Would those familiar with the more recent improvements please update me on what
    approach turned out to be the best?

Thank you very much for your help! Jim Linder NW AR

Can't do it in 2.24, need 2.25.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Before I switch to 2.25, I of course (1) need to confirm that it is working correctly and reliable now, and (2) confirm filters can be created that will EFFECTIVELY
    filter out transient fueling when attempting to record lambda error to calibrate VE tables? Keith, I assume you would be the one to answer this.

Thank you very much for your help!

P.S. If yes, please elaborate on the filters that might be used for excluding readings impacted by transient fueling, i.e., please show the entries that could be used
    effective filter to provide clean data for VE calibrations.
    Last edited by JamesLinder; 01-07-2016 at 05:09 PM.

Yes and yes. I've documented how to use the filters, as well as math parameters many times in the VCM Scanner thread. A search should bring up a lot of info. We will be documenting this in help files over time.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...