Thread: copy and paste table from excel doesnt match exactly am i doing something wrong

Potential Tuner

copy and paste table from excel doesnt match exactly am i doing something wrong

Im trying to scale my injectors and the company i bought them from supplied me with a nice excel sheet with all the new tables, but when I copy the table from the excel sheet and paste into HPT the number don't match exactly they vary slightly... I have the decimals the same in HPT as shown on the spread sheet and also tried maxing the decimal precision out in HPT and I just get the same results... See screen shots below any help is appreciated!!! thanks in advance.... Screenshot (2).pngScreenshot (1).png

Senior Tuner
    That's due to resolution limitations in the pcm, most likely. You can try to increase the HP decimal one more place and see if will drop in that way, but it should be just fine with the values you have. I doubt a thousandth of a pound will make a measurable difference.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Ok so basically its just rounding up or down the values.... I tried maxing out the decimal precision in HPT and it made no difference in the numbers when I pasted them... It did this with all the tables not just flow rate.... Injector min pulse, small pulse adder, offset... etc... etc...

Thanks for the quick reply...

Jaime is correct. Nothing to worry about.

Potential Tuner
    ok thank you...