Thread: Hp Tuner not getting power. Please Help

Potential Tuner

Hp Tuner not getting power. Please Help

I plug it into the obd2 port and it gets power. Then I plug the other end into the computer and the power gets lost.
    If I plug only the Hp tuners device only to the computer without plugging it into the car the power light on the HP tuners comes on for all of 1 second then turns back off.
    Any ideas on how to fix it?

Potential Tuner

HP Tuners not getting any power Please help

I plug it into the obd2 port and it gets power. Then I plug the other end into the computer and the power gets lost.
    If I plug only the Hp tuners device only to the computer without plugging it into the car, the power light on the HP tuners comes on for all of 1 second then turns back off.
    Any ideas on how to fix it?

2000 Corvette

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try an alternate pc to see if exhibits the same symptoms.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I've tried 4 other computers and it still does the same thing. Do you have any more recommendations?

Tuner in Training
    i would try pluggin a generic OBD2 scan tool like from autozone see if it powers that unit, if it does than it be between hp tuner and laptop.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    email support.

Make sure your car battery is completely charged. OBDs are sensitive to voltage drops. You might want to put it on a charger while you flash/read the PCM. And as PeteZ said, take the HPT hardware out of the equation and plug a known working scanner into the OBD port to ensure the voltage is where it should be.

Potential Tuner
    My OBD2 port is giving it power. I think the problem is between the device (interface) and the computer. I emailed customer support yesterday and I haven't heard from them since. This sucks... -.-

Like, what should I do now? Do I have to send it in so that HP Tuners can fix it or is it trashed now? It is a MPVI Pro.

Potential Tuner
    My OBD2 port is giving it power. I think the problem is between the device (interface) and the computer. I emailed customer support yesterday and I haven't heard from them since. This sucks... -.-

Like, what should I do now? Do I have to send it in so that HP Tuners can fix it or is it trashed now? It is a MPVI Pro.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I responded to your email this morning.