Thread: Car won't start

Tuner in Training

Car won't start

So I swapped a 2000 Corvette engine into a Mazda RX7.

I used the engine and pcm from the donor corvette. Finally got a calibration that I could read and edited, made changes for new injectors (78# Deatsch Werks) and put in the 1 bar SD enhancement. I have no maf on the car at all just the IAT and Map sensor.

The car is cranking but will not start. I have spark and fuel. It sounds like it wants to catch sometimes but it just wont start. Fuel pressure while cranking is 58psi.

Here is the current file, any help or ideas would be appreciated.

1.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Can't open. Saved with beta? What are the mods that require a 89lb injector on a 1 bar OS?
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 01-03-2016 at 12:26 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Injectors were bought for future upgrades, not sure yet on single turbo or supercharged. I just wanted to get it running NA first. Its kind of a long story, basics are corvette front caught on fire (apparently fog light wire short), end up melting some wire harness, couple injectors, front of intake manifold before it was put out.

Engine has heads, cam, (had a fast 92mm intake and TB), and had Nitrous. I made some 1.75" long tube runner headers to merge collector with 3" exits, they will go into a 3" Y, which will then turn 3.5" all the way to rear, will put a 3.5" resonator and 3.5" muffler.

I need to get full engine specs from previous owner who also said it was about 450whp motor only. Will be getting back a upgraded manifold and TB later this year after its running as is also. I plan to spray it again before adding turbo or SC, and will still keep the spray after.

Senior Tuner
    Read it out with 2.24 and I'll take a look. Probably others too. Not everyone runs the beta.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xLS1 View Post
    Read it out with 2.24 and I'll take a look. Probably others too. Not everyone runs the beta.
    I don't believe you can. I created my tune in beta and I cannot read it with 2.24. You would think there backwards compatible but in my case it's doesn't seem so. Am I the only one. I get an error it was created with a newer version.

Senior Tuner
    you have to read the pcm with 2.24 to get it out.

Tuner in Training
    Got it started, was wiring issue, had the coil harness on right side of engine reversed

Problem now is car will idle for about a min then rpms will drop to around 400 for a few seconds trying to clear itself then eventually shut out, if I rev on throttle pedal it will clear and I have keep some push on the pedal to keep the rpms up or it will just want to drop off again. Looks like timing is being pulled, I will check (as seen in a how to post on the forum) all my adder & multiplyer tables ie ECT adder, ECT multiplyer, IAT adder, IAT multiplyer, AFR adder, AFR multiplyer, etc.

Another thing I noticed is my AEM wideband, will go LED full to the last red with "---" displayed while idling normal, when it starts dipping around 400rpm the gauge will fluctuate all over between 12.0 to 17 to ---, back and forth. I can't seem to add user defined PID to VCM scanner beta, I have my wideband wired through the EGR pcm pin, so I cant confirm if the gauge display is faulty to the reading in the scanner. I'm leaning to the gauge is fine but my tune is just really off.

Will play with it after work and try to read it with 2.24 and post.

Thanks for the responses.
    Last edited by Mysta Joe; 01-05-2016 at 09:52 AM.

Tuner in Training
    here is the current file read with 2.24
    CURRENT FILE 2.24 READ.hpt