Thread: 6.0 power stroke tuning, help

6.0 power stroke tuning, help

just got the new 2.25 beta. been tuning ls base items for 10 years now. not sure where to start on the diesel. anyone have a tune to overlay to compare. my tune is attached. its a stock excursion 6.0 diesel.
    2002 Camaro SS, Twin S480s
    2006 Corvette C6, Twin Turbo
    1991 GMC Syclone, LS/AWD/AC

Advanced Tuner
    Don't even waste your time. HP tuners doesn't access the FICM module that produces all the power. All its good for is turning off codes, like for the EGR....
    Thanks,

Dustin

Quote Originally Posted by Asylumwarp View Post
    Don't even waste your time. HP tuners doesn't access the FICM module that produces all the power. All its good for is turning off codes, like for the EGR....
    You can manipulate the inputs that go to the FICM to make it do what you want.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    I think we went over this already didn't we? I sent you a (other tuner) tune file, and said that when I load the same tune from them into it using hp tuners, I get no power response. But if I load (said tune) from another (said box) all the power returns.. How do you manipulate that? With voltage increases that HP tuners doesn't allow ? I sent you both the (said tuner) and the one that I made using hp tuners.. I even loaded the hot tune from the box, used hp tuners to read and store... took tune out with that box, then uploaded that same tune using hp tuners. No power.
    Last edited by Asylumwarp; 12-30-2015 at 10:01 PM.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Advanced Tuner
    Let me recant my statement. I thought this was for FORD 6.0 powerstrokes, Ignore my ignorance.
    Thanks,

Dustin

Tuner in Training
    So we're going back 10 years to Diablosports ficm reflashing days? There's plenty there to manipulate to do most anything needed. KEM and PHP both have a ficm tuner if you want that.