Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: VCM Scanner AU Ford Update Thread

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Huddo View Post
    sorry, not the same thing as ECU recognising WOT activation
    You can log commanded lambda and LTFT to help determine the enable condition. LTFT will go to 1.00

I do notice SCT does have an open loop DMR you can log though which would be handy to be able to log on HPT

Tuner
    Thanks for the answers but no of them are actually when the ecu sees a condition as WOT
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the answers but no of them are actually when the ecu sees a condition as WOT
    Yes they are. The LTFT always goes to 1.00 (or 0%) when you are at WOT.

I have logged the open loop (WOT) DMR with SCT and proved this to myself as I also asked the question.

You could also log TPS vs RPM and do a lookup to determine the open loop condition to further verify this is true. Remember that there is also a delay on this condition (that you can zero).

What exactly are you trying to determine the WOT condition for? There may be another way to do what you want.
    Last edited by rolls; 07-10-2016 at 08:02 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    im able to log throttle condition for ba in 2.25, ie. part, closed, wot etc. i'll have a look at what it's called exactly soon, maybe the same thing can be logged in 3.2?

Tuner
    there appears to be functions that are used based on time at WOT, there is actually settings for the ecu that are independent on what has been mentioned, that let the ecu know that it is WOT. SCT actually have WOT flag
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    Define WOT in your eyes!

Tuner
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    As a temporary fix just log TP, then do a filter in excel and delete all rows that are below that TP. Easy.

You can do all sorts of stuff like that in excel for parameters that don't exist. For example I back calculate fuel mass and air mass by logging injector duty cycle and then rearranging the low/high slope breakpoint equation.

edit: Actually just define a custom math parameter in VCM scanner and simply make it a 1 or 0 based on the TP. Even easier!

Go to the section on math parameters
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Scanner/

eg:
    Assuming TPS is 50010 (it isn't)
    ([50010] > 535)

Now obviously there is a deadband but I doubt you can do that in the math engine, this should be good enough anyway.

edit2: If you really want to get it right make two variables, one that is the derivative of TPS so you can tell if it is rising or falling. If it is rising use 545 if it is falling use 535 then you can get an exact WOT flag.
    Last edited by rolls; 07-11-2016 at 09:03 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Just log it with SCT since you have it lol.

Does HP log TP in AD counts? I never use HP for logging so don't know much about it.

Tuner
    screen shot was from a pals laptop
    Thanks for your help
    Mark H.

Advanced Tuner
    For reference, foot to the floor on an A3YB strategy is 584 AD count 'relative'. Relative being what is used in AdvantageIII (your pals laptop).

Advanced Tuner
    screen shot was from a pals laptop
    You Pal must be handy to have in your Pitlane on raceday having access to SCT?
    04 Velocity MKII M6 & 06 BF F6 555 ZF6

Advanced Tuner
    so has anyone had any luck with logging ba yet?
    i'm going back and forth with support with them asking me to do a heap of shit but i've tried on laptops that have never had vcm installed and its the same deal, fuck all available to log in comparison to bf and fg and even 2.5...

also just discovered when i have a log made in 2.5 and open it in 3.2, it modifies the file and i can then no longer open it in 2.5.
    i'm not able to export a csv of an older file in 3.2, it just crashes.
    this is all getting a bit silly now.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by misk View Post
    so has anyone had any luck with logging ba yet?
    i'm going back and forth with support with them asking me to do a heap of shit but i've tried on laptops that have never had vcm installed and its the same deal, fuck all available to log in comparison to bf and fg and even 2.5...

also just discovered when i have a log made in 2.5 and open it in 3.2, it modifies the file and i can then no longer open it in 2.5.
    i'm not able to export a csv of an older file in 3.2, it just crashes.
    this is all getting a bit silly now.
    If you manually edit the header it will open.

Advanced Tuner
    nah i mean it is force closing the scanner program itself.

Advanced Tuner
    nah i mean it is force closing the scanner program itself.
    Yeah as a work around save the log in 3.2 as a csv file, edit the header (if required) and then open it in 2.5

Advanced Tuner
    lol i cant export the csv in 3.2, thats what crashes.
    i cant load those logs in 2.25 now, im sure i can export in 2.25, its just all this is a huge fuck around when we've been told several times that this all works for ba in 3.2

Advanced Tuner
    lol i cant export the csv in 3.2, thats what crashes.
    i cant load those logs in 2.25 now, im sure i can export in 2.25, its just all this is a huge fuck around when we've been told several times that this all works for ba in 3.2
    Yeah so export it in 2.5 then? just export it in csv in whatever version doesn't crash then re-import it.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah i'll have to, but i'm still not sure why this is something that goes under the radar?
    i email support and they treat it like an issue with my computer, not an issue with the software. does no one on here at all try to log ba pcm with 3.2?

if a couple people could confirm that 3.2 still has so few parameters to log for ba it would really help.

I still haven't updated past a strong 2.25 build

And livelink logs like a champ always
    FG F6 400+RWKW .....10.9 @ 132mph.... FIRST 10sec F6 in SA ( sold )
    DYNO DYNAMICS 1200hp ...... Tuning weapon..... ( sold )
    OFFICIAL JONNY TIG INDUSTRIES SUPPLIER ..... Biggest and lightest intercoolers for B and F falcons
    SUBARU BRZ ......AVO TURBO KIT coming......soon
    VF R8 CLUBSPORT SV...... 340FWKW.....ASE BIG SINGLE KIT .....one day