Thread: EECVI Identification of Maps...Ford non Ford Vehicle

Potential Tuner

EECVI Identification of Maps...Ford non Ford Vehicle

Hi,

Like to say Hello being it's my first post!!

I'm new to the Ford branded ECU's, I'm "some-what" new to calibration, main knowledge is on VAG.

I've got a EECVI PCM from a non-ford vehicle, it's from a V8 Aston Martin..so there's no PCM Code label. I've been trying to find mappacks to use with WinOLS but no liable ones could be found at present time writing this post...not even for a Ford model with EECVI through EVC resellers

1. I have never used, HPTuners but understand a PCM label code is required...but is there a work around so that I could load this Aston ORI? (my mind is wondering if I can change the hex address of each map identified to line up correctly with this ECU software version in the Aston PCM)
    2. If there's no work around, would I be able to load up a EECVI Mustang ORI file(I still don't have a PCM label code) and load in HPT, then see the maps in hex...basically to get an understanding of how the maps look and in what bit and ratio's of x+y?

Basically I'm trying to get a good understanding of EECVI, whether it be in 16 bit or 32bit FLTing...right now I'm using IDA to try and filter through hex

Sry if this is the wrong place for this type of post...I've been searching high and low, so far I'm finding most of my knowledge for EEC on this site(please inform me if you have others, would be most appriciated..more knowledge the better)...I already have Banish book + DVD and Advance Calibration for EEC, just the book I have is for SCT+others..not WinOLS, so for example: informing me to enter 0 in place of 1 doesn't help me disable the catalyst unless I can manually find the map location.

Banned
    We dont currently support this platform, and it is not in the plans.

What type of PCM is it? Could you post some pics? I'm pure curious.