Thread: P12 ECM in 06 Trailblazer I6 read/write issues

Potential Tuner

Unhappy P12 ECM in 06 Trailblazer I6 read/write issues

Like the title says, my buddies trailblazer is giving me a few headaches. When I connect HPT to this and go to read it, it all starts out like normal, starts reading but then it seems like the PCM resets, data stops moving (based on the "busy" light not flashing), goes to low speed for a sec, goes back to high speed, works for a sec and repeats. Trying this process again with low speed still results in interuptions. Any ideas? We checked batt, cables, unplugging uncessary electrical, nothing seems to provide any bit of change. Thanks a bunch,

Tad.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Try reading on a bench harness, on a 10 year old vehicle I wouldn't be surprised by anything ie wiring/battery issues which is what it sounds like to me here.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    ----- Pull all ribbon cables out of box under driver seat. Kill anything bcm related and not vital for flashing.
    Even TIS would drop during the read/write. Delco/Delphi was aware of this issue 3 years ago.

Bench is only way I'll touch them after 3 write failures with GM and aftermarket software.