Thread: 09 Silverado 5.3 questions

09 Silverado 5.3 questions

Ill be the first to say Im still quite the noob when it comes to tuning. I have a stock 09 Silverado with the 5.3/4L60 and I wanna play with the tune a little tomorrow. From my understanding, these trucks get a quite a bit false KR in stock form due to their knock sensor sensitivity set high. I scanned it a month ago and it was getting 5-7* of KR. The truck also didnt have much timing in it at wot. Ive only played around with gen3's and know they like more timing then gen4's. which I could be wrong. But I have a few questions. If these do have to sensitive knock sensors, what would be an appropriate level to set them to? Can I copy the settings out of a different vehicle stock tune, and same with the timing tables? Ive seen that the Gen3 5.3 can use the f body timing tables and knock sensor sensitivity tables swapped in. I also am going to take 3/4 of the torque management in the trans away. Should I take all of it out of the engine or only 3/4 as well? I also should add, Ive been running 93 octane the last couple times I have filled it up. But I have yet to scan it to see if the KR has changed. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Mods89; 12-22-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    00 Trans Am: Forged Iron Block 370ci, LS3 heads and intake, LS3 Polluter cam, LS7 lifters, FAST 92mm Throttle Body, Long Tubes with Off Road Y, Magnamouth Cat Back, SLP Lid, Viking Front Coil Overs, Rear 3 Way Drag Shocks

Anything? I unlocked it and corrected the tire size. Turned torque management off for the engine. It feels better in first gear.
    00 Trans Am: Forged Iron Block 370ci, LS3 heads and intake, LS3 Polluter cam, LS7 lifters, FAST 92mm Throttle Body, Long Tubes with Off Road Y, Magnamouth Cat Back, SLP Lid, Viking Front Coil Overs, Rear 3 Way Drag Shocks