Thread: 6L90 Shift Time vs Shift Pressure

Potential Tuner

6L90 Shift Time vs Shift Pressure

How agressive are you guys getting on the shift time, and shift pressure tables for the 6L90?

I have a 2010 CTSV that is touching the rev limiter on the 1-2 and sometimes 2-3 shift so im trying to speed up, and firm up the shifts to get it over with before it hits the rev limiter.

I tried taking 20% out of the shift time table in higher rpm and higher torque values, and i tried increasing the shift pressure table by 20% and it doesnt seem to have made a big difference.

The numbers in my shift time table look to be around .300 sec and the pressure numbers seem to be in the low 200s psi.

How aggressive do you guys get here? how big of jumps can i make? can i just put it at .100 sec and 240psi and see if that helps? or is this the kinda table that if you take too big of a step it will just break the transmission?

Tuner in Training
    subscribed

Couldnt you just lower the MPH of the shift so it happens before the motor hits the rev limiter?

And you wouldnt want to make the shifts that fast, it will become clunky and bang into gear and thats not good for it. I have a truck and the fastest I've gone with shift times is like .2800 and maybe upped the line pressure by 5-10%, it's also alot harder on it because the truck is 5500 lbs.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    anyone else?

Advanced Tuner
    i have same problem anyone ?

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune
    2023 Ford Maverick 2.0T AWD

Tuner
    The CTSV relies on both rpm and speed, if your touching the limiter, i suggest dropping the rev limit down first.. or add to mph.