Thread: Just came across a thread about "flex fuel" tunes available...

Just came across a thread about "flex fuel" tunes available...

from lund for the 2015 Mustang GT's with stock injectors and stock intake manifold. 11-14 will need 47's ...BLAH. I DONT want a lund tune at all.

And then I guess Livernois has this type of tune available now to. ANY chance that HPT will have this option available soon? I know a couple of us have asked on here (including myself).
    Last edited by RSKtakR; 12-17-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    2015 Mustang GT, PP, HP Tuners VCM, K&N drop in, AIRAID CAI intake tube, Steeda drop springs, trans mount, shifter bracket, sub frame bushing kit, Diff bushing kit, sub frame alignment pins, American Muscle 19x10 PP rear wheels, 305/35r19 MT drag radials.

livernois and lund are both selling them.

HPT, any chance we can have flex fuel tables made visible/unlocked?

exactly.. I bought HPT so that I could tinker/tune my own car instead of paying these places their outrageous prices for tunes or a change every time I mod my car and I haven't been able to even start messing with the tune or better mods yet because the switch to do this STILL isn't available.
    2015 Mustang GT, PP, HP Tuners VCM, K&N drop in, AIRAID CAI intake tube, Steeda drop springs, trans mount, shifter bracket, sub frame bushing kit, Diff bushing kit, sub frame alignment pins, American Muscle 19x10 PP rear wheels, 305/35r19 MT drag radials.

Quote Originally Posted by RSKtakR View Post
    exactly.. I bought HPT so that I could tinker/tune my own car instead of paying these places their outrageous prices for tunes or a change every time I mod my car and I haven't been able to even start messing with the tune or better mods yet because the switch to do this STILL isn't available.
    I'll get the parameters added.

with all due respect, if they don't know we want it, they aren't going to make it a big priority. take it easy, brooooo. ;-)

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I'll get the parameters added.
    Thanks Eric!
    2016 GT f1A, E85 RIP!
    2017 GT TWIN 6466
    2020 F150 RCSB Whipple Gen 5, Fore triple, on corn

It has been known that we wanted it/requested it but since no one else had that option then we all just left it alone and figured it would just get done at some point (and probably by Eric first) because we all know he's busy as shit and a stupid switch isn't the most important thing in the world. But now other tuners have the option and we don't when we have HPT. So I apologize for the prickNESS Eric. Thanks for all you do though.

Im patiently waiting on this as well.

Senior Tuner
    It has been known that we wanted it/requested it but since no one else had that option then we all just left it alone and figured it would just get done at some point (and probably by Eric first) because we all know he's busy as shit and a stupid switch isn't the most important thing in the world. But now other tuners have the option and we don't when we have HPT. So I apologize for the prickNESS Eric. Thanks for all you do though.
    calm down meatball. no need to get your bald head all fired up.
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    calm down meatball. no need to get your bald head all fired up.
    Shouldn't you be tuning some cars or something? lol

Its a little more involved than just defining and throwing the switch. On my 14 I have to use SCT to populate the proper tables as well. There are things such as ethanol vs afr, ethanol spark adder, spark multiplier, ethanol preignition adder (I use this table as a safety on 93 and don't have to forfeit it on flex with this table defined), ethanol MBT adjustment, and ethanol effect on torque and some other minor ones that were all zeroed.

You can get away with just the E vs afr (very necessary, car will not run without this being correct), E spark adder and multiplier (car will not benefit from ethanol without this populated).

He can finally officially shitpost in the Ford section now that he works for a company literally named lsxkillr.

Ya I knew that both a SCT and HPT would be needed to do this.. I use the term "switch" very loosely, only because that's what I have heard it called on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    He can finally officially shitpost in the Ford section now that he works for a company literally named lsxkillr.
    right.. lol

Senior Tuner
    day job sonny, day job. the one that pays the bills, not the one that pays for the truck toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Witt View Post
    if i need to shitpost, id just text you lol

how are we doing with this? I was hoping for a Festivus miracle!

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    how are we doing with this? I was hoping for a Festivus miracle!
    as witt posted, it takes a couple programs to get it to work right in the mustangs.

Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    as witt posted, it takes a couple programs to get it to work right in the mustangs.
    I thought the point of it would be to end the need for that. we have all the tables for the GM stuff so no big deal. HPT can do it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    I thought the point of it would be to end the need for that. we have all the tables for the GM stuff so no big deal. HPT can do it.
    ssshhhhh, fords are special.