Thread: I've got some excel macros for tuning my Ford

Tuner in Training

I've got some excel macros for tuning my Ford

I had some free time this week away from the car so I wrote some excel macros to accept vanilla scanner logs and create some useful graphs an tables. I've attached some pictures of the outputs:

1) A graph showing the WOT data points for A/F, timing advance and load vs RPM. WOT.jpg

2) A graph showing LTFT vs MAF voltage. 3) A graph showing WOT wideband readings converted to fuel trim like percentages vs MAF voltage. (It will plot multiple LTFT and WB data on the same graph if you ask it to. I like that to combine multiple logs and see if the data is stable. MAF graph.jpg

4) A calculated table showing average fuel trims vs MAF voltage. It calculates them as the average of all the fuel trims for all the log entries clustered around each MAF voltage point in your tune.MAFv.jpg

I'd appreciate any thoughts on other typical tuning operations to automate. I'll try to figure out the right way to share my macros... I just don't want to get into a huge support activity. OL.

I tried to make one to model some of things that affects timing, but it didn't turn out too well. There were too many tables that I didn't understand so this is only a fraction of what really matters, but I can at least see how IAT's, ECT, and part of measured Lambda affects timing. The only useful thing I learned about I guess was bicubic interpolation, I don't know what it is or how it works but here is a link about it. With everything you're doing I bet you already know what is.

https://mathformeremortals.wordpress...heet-function/

Timing Calculator.PNG

Timing Calculator 2.PNG