To start I don't have HPTuners, yet that is. I have a buddy who does though and I plan on buying it off of him. I have never messed with the tuning of my truck myself. I have done tuning on old school carbed motors though, so I get the idea behind it.

My problem started about a month and a half ago. I was driving home from work while the truck was in drive with the cruise control set and then all of the sudden it started to free rev like it lost a gear. I quickly turned the cruise control off and got back into the gas and it shifted back to drive. I let off the throttle a little and it lost gear and rev'd again. I downshifted it into 3rd and it drove fine. I got home checked the fluid and pulled the pan. This trans was rebuilt and had a HD II shift kit installed in April of 2015. I dont think it could be something wrong with the clutches but it could be I don't know. It has a FTI 2800 single disc converter and the truck is a stock 6.0L LQ9. I had a buddy do the segment swap and I did the rest of the swap myself, ie: all the mechanical and wiring. I did add the second VSS and repinned the harness myself.

My problem is it drives fine while in 3rd gear, meaning it shifts through all the gears. It will also shift fine in Drive but ONLY at WOT. once I let off of it and drive at a normal pace it shifts down or free revs on its own.

Any help would be appreicated,
Thanks Jason