Thread: Any One Had FIRST hand experience w/MSD's new Air Force Intake VS FAST 102 on LS1/6

Potential Tuner

Any One Had FIRST hand experience w/MSD's new Air Force Intake VS FAST 102 on LS1/6

Today I was looking into the MSD Atomic AirForce Intake vs FAST 102 and I stumbled across a post on social media and later one on youtube (Cunningham) both with gains on a LS7(both cam'd). one claim is 24/15 rear wheel hp/tq gains over a FAST 102!!! They've got a dyno sheet to back it. My question is now MSD and someone else has "confirmed" MSD's claim for more gains on their competitors on a LS7... Now..Has anyone had this same experiment on a LS1/6 platiform??

I've been building my car over the last year here and there. Well it getting to the point that the intake manifold needs to get on that shopping list here soon and wanna make the right decision and cure my itch for wanting to know. I figured there probably wasn't a better place to ask than here with experienced tuners.

Any Info Appreciated
    2000 A4 Camaro SS -- CURRENT PROJECT
    LS6 383 Stroker, Cali Comp Star Forged Internals, Vengeance Racing Vindicator Cam, TEA 5.3L Stage 1.5 Heads , Tooley Springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 Bucket Trays, 42# green top injectors, Fast Toys Lid. ((Missing an intake and TB)) RPM Level 5 4L60E, Billet 4k Converter, 12 bolt Strange 3:73's, Racetronics Hot Wire Fuel System, Future Bottle Fed Baby

Advanced Tuner
    Im just seeing this... DONT BUY THIS INTAKE IF YOU HAVE A GEN3 (LS1, LS6). It WILL NOT clear the harness for the knock sensors. I have a buddy currently goin through this. I refused to tune his car (2002 Camaro SS) because the person who installed his intake removed his knock sensor harness. Intake wouldnt sit flush.

MSD needs to stop advertising this intake for the LS1 and LS6 (or ANY Gen 3 for that matter).

Hope this helps...

Senior Tuner
    It performed well in this test, http://www.hotrod.com/features/1507-...ifolds-tested/ and they didn't seem to have any problem using it on a 6.0L.