Thread: 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor timing?

Tuner in Training

2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor timing?

I have a 07 interceptor 4.6L 2V and it's pretty gutless. I was able to access the stock file and also view live data via VCM scanner. Surprised to see actual timing under load only about 11-13 degrees.

Any advice on how much advance is safe for say 87, 91, 93 octane?

Thanks,
    Rob

That older 2v should be able to take at least 25 degrees total lead time, in my opinion, and that's being safe, on 87 octane. On 91 i'd start out at 28 and look for any knock retard, keep moving up in small increments until you start seeing light knock retard, then back it down just a bit and you'll be in the sweet spot. Make sure to log all your spark parameters such as IAT adders/ect, so you know where the spark is coming from, and so it won't receive too much timing in other atmospheric conditions.

But I agree, if all stock or lightly modified with no power adders, 11-13 in the upper RPM's until shift point under wide open, seems very low and i'm certain that's not what it would run if everything was in perfect working order.

Are there any trouble codes present?
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner in Training
    That's pretty much what the spark boarderline knock table is set to, my '08 CVPI is similar. More importantly, what have you guys found as far as getting a good KR reading with this PCM and hptuners? I'm in the process of trying out a custom PID in Torque to see if that will give some KR info (found that PID it in an ecoboost forum, maybe it will work with this relic). If that works out, I will have a tool to 'tune' these tanks. Although, I'm wondering what sort of improvement an '87' tune (not putting premium in this) will give on my winter beater, lol. Something to do over the winter.

If you want to make the car feel a bunch better throttle wise, change your ETC torque management 'tip-in torque rate max' to 73756 in all the cells (from 7375.62), gives a crisper gas feel.