Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TVS 2300 GTO Starts Up and then dies no matter what I do.

Advanced Tuner
    I'll post a set of injector info for you later. I'm at work right now.

your injectors "shut off" after the engine stalls at 139rpm. Yes it could be lean on fuel causing the stall due to bad injector data, but your startup RPM swing looks really good. You see about 15deg of timing when it's actually running also, which is good. You see negative timing on the initial RPM flare to try to control excess RPM spike which is normal.

Also, your commanded AFR seems lean (14.67) for startup at 80F coolant temp. Mine starts at about 10.5 at 80F and leans out to 13.0 after 30 seconds... I did have an RPM swing problem where it would almost stall when it was leaner during startup.. much like you. Injector settings wont change commanded AFR. For whatever reason, my almost stall problem also started when I switched to 2bar OS.

Id find a way to richen it up upon startup at those coolant temps. Seems lean. Also add some airflow.

EDIT: Your Open Loop EQ Ratio Gas tables are all 1.00. Believe this is probably your problem. They need to richen fuel mixture on cold start. Yours are all set for a warm start, which is adding no fuel for cold start.
    Last edited by 10_SS; 12-08-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I don't know where you are seeing the injectors "cut off"? They don't stop injecting until the engine has stopped spinning as far as I can tell

It's showing nearly a 5ms pulsewidth even when it's down to 150 RPM's.. so that's quite the opposite from it cutting them off.

Timing is at -3* though while it's running which seems a bit weird. I need to find a log that has a startup on mine to see what it does exactly

I'll try to look over the tune again in a bit

Is the wideband connected?? It's pretty well flat lined so I'm assuming not?

Have you tried putting the stock TB back on and going back to stock scalar, etc.?

Advanced Tuner
    Need to change Map Sensor To Stock reading : MAP Sensor Linear 94.43 , MAP Sensor Offset 10.33 , MAP Sensor Linear B 31.48 That's should fix your problem.

If you look at the latest log you'll see it reading 100kpa with engine off just like it's supposed to.

Kind of doubt that would be the case if it hadn't already been updated

But who knows... maybe
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

So what its come down to so far is that there is no mechanical or electrical issue interfereing with the start up. My problem is in tuning the injectors. Thats my only conclusion. The injector data read off of a
    E67 pcm is different from how a E40 reads it. And it seems that their is no one out their who has an exact translation or excel spreadsheet to translate the data properly. I have called Magnuson to see if they could provide me the data they use on their tunes they provide, but according to company policy they are not allowed to give out the info. So what I will try to do is continue searching for proper ls9 injector data meanwhile I will install my stock injectors and upload their proper data to confirm my suspicions.

P.s. Does anyone recommend a GM 2 Bar map to buy?

I still don't think injector data is your problem. Not saying the injector data is right.. it very well may not be, but I still think you should be able to get it to run. People used to not even know what injector data WAS and they still were able to get them tuned well enough to run

Tuning Addict
    Did you input the ls9 injector data I posted?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    Supercharged Idle start up new data.hpt

I took the tune file you posted and plugged in good data for the ls9/lsa injectors. Let us know if the data helps or fixes it. I dont think its your problem, but it will eliminate a variable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglegoat View Post
    Supercharged Idle start up new data.hpt

I took the tune file you posted and plugged in good data for the ls9/lsa injectors. Let us know if the data helps or fixes it. I dont think its your problem, but it will eliminate a variable.
    Thank You Eaglegoat. I am currently in the process of removing the injectors and reinstalling the previous injectors I had. Afterwards if the car shows inprovement with the og injectors I will plug and play both your data and CHuggins data to test. Lets see where it goes. I will post my results

That's a good way to eliminate (or confirm) the injectors. Good idea.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock

Tuning Addict
    Just compared mine to eaglegoats. Mine is almost identical to his except mine kinda has that OE ls9 injector dip in it where as his appears to be more linear.

Eaglegoat, I was kinda curious as to why you didn't input the ls9 flow rate vs iat, min injector pulse and makeup pulse min tables for the ls9 stuff? Yours obviously works so I was just curious...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Just compared mine to eaglegoats. Mine is almost identical to his except mine kinda has that OE ls9 injector dip in it where as his appears to be more linear.

Eaglegoat, I was kinda curious as to why you didn't input the ls9 flow rate vs iat, min injector pulse and makeup pulse min tables for the ls9 stuff? Yours obviously works so I was just curious...
    Our flow rates are within one hundredth of a gram per second lol, not any noticeable difference. My data is pulled only from the area relevant to the the new flow rates.

The flow rate vs IAT modifier is a safety feature, not an actual characterisation of the injector. I make sure it's disable for tuning and turn it back on in the final tune for safety.

I don't think I missed the minimum injector pulse.

As long as the makeup pulsewidth is smaller than the minimum injector pulse it'll utilize the (larger)minimum injector pulse. I've never really noticed makeup pulses used anyway.

Eaglegoat and CHuggins

your data got the car running! posted is the scan with the car idling . Its weak and stumbly but at least it ran. I am going to continue playing with the idle and airflow tables to see if I can get the car idleing smoothly. Based off this attempt I should raise the tables a bit more.

Well guys I am in the same boat as before. I just cant seem to get the car to idle. With the new data I have been able to get the car to run longer but right after start up the RPMs drop and the car dies. It tries to keep going but to no avail.
    Will post up logs and tune ASAP.
    Tables being modified are the idle base min and start up on the idle tab. I keep raising them but with no luck. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Pabs1 View Post
    Well guys I am in the same boat as before. I just cant seem to get the car to idle. With the new data I have been able to get the car to run longer but right after start up the RPMs drop and the car dies. It tries to keep going but to no avail.
    Will post up logs and tune ASAP.
    Tables being modified are the idle base min and start up on the idle tab. I keep raising them but with no luck. Any suggestions?
    I said this before.. It sounds lean. I a similar problem.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    your injectors "shut off" after the engine stalls at 139rpm. Yes it could be lean on fuel causing the stall due to bad injector data, but your startup RPM swing looks really good. You see about 15deg of timing when it's actually running also, which is good. You see negative timing on the initial RPM flare to try to control excess RPM spike which is normal.

Also, your commanded AFR seems lean (14.67) for startup at 80F coolant temp. Mine starts at about 10.5 at 80F and leans out to 13.0 after 30 seconds... I did have an RPM swing problem where it would almost stall when it was leaner during startup.. much like you. Injector settings wont change commanded AFR. For whatever reason, my almost stall problem also started when I switched to 2bar OS.

Id find a way to richen it up upon startup at those coolant temps. Seems lean. Also add some airflow.

EDIT: Your Open Loop EQ Ratio Gas tables are all 1.00. Believe this is probably your problem. They need to richen fuel mixture on cold start. Yours are all set for a warm start, which is adding no fuel for cold start.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_SS View Post
    I said this before.. It sounds lean. I a similar problem.
    Put it in 100% MAF and multiply your entire MAF table by 1.3. See if this is your problem...

~Greg Huggins~

Advanced Tuner
    Are all your sensors hooked up? Are the correct cal data for the sensors input in the tune?

Add 15% fuel to your entire VE table and your MAF table. Keep the idle air up too.