Thread: 2000 C5 Corvette, want to use 315-30R18 all 4 corners

Potential Tuner

2000 C5 Corvette, want to use 315-30R18 all 4 corners

I think I'm going to have a problem running square (all 4 tires the same size) with the C5 Corvette. It looks like I will be able to correct the speedometer, and ignore where the EBCM cuts engine power with my HPTuners, but is there a way to keep the EBCM from applying the rear brakes and thinking the vehicle lost traction due to the lack of staggered tires sizes. I don't want to turn off traction control every time I get in the car.

What are the overall diameter of the front tires and the rear tires in stock form??

They should be close to the same and thats why the abs doesnt freak out right??
    Last edited by 5FDP; 12-04-2015 at 03:38 PM.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Been moving. I'll look up the stock diameters. I currently have stock C6 wheels on my C5 and want to go to a square set up.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What are the overall diameter of the front tires and the rear tires in stock form??

They should be close to the same and thats why the abs doesnt freak out right??
    Stock fronts were 245/45R17, about 25.68"
    Stock rears were 275/40R18, about 26.66" for a 3.8% difference in diameters.
    This ratio has to be maintained to keep traction control from applying brakes and cutting engine power.

I hope I can program this offset so the traction control will function properly while running a square set up on this car using 315/30R18's, about 25.44" in diameter all the way around.

Potential Tuner
    Similar situation. Would like to run 305 35 18's on all four corners. Anyway to program out the issues that this will cause with ABS and traction control?

Senior Tuner
    u should be fine with all same tyres on all corners but if different there should be an error value there for tyre rotation per/km ect, mine has staggered tyres front to rear from factory and mine has a different value in there to allow it a different number of rotations so the abs traction dosnt freak out

Advanced Tuner
    The abs brain allows for around a 4% error for tire speed between front and rear. Being the tires are already mismatched, they are pushing the error ratio in stock form. When you put the same exact tires all the way around, your error level will actually lower. You'll be fine.
    Thanks,

Dustin