Thread: getting past neutral/park/limp mode rev limiter 2008 dodge hemi challenger

Tuner in Training

getting past neutral/park/limp mode rev limiter 2008 dodge hemi challenger

Did a transmission conversion on a 08 Dodge Challenger to a NON electric shift transmission, turned off all ses/mils for transmission and anything related in the tune that I would think would keep it in rev limter mode, wont rev past 2700 or close to that in gear and 4500 or 5000 in neutral.
    ECM Hardware: NGC4 Operating System: 68004368AD
    TCM: EGS53 Operating System: 05150240AB
    What am I not seeing, what can I do to get past this, trans conversion is done and need to send this down the road. Has a crate hemi in it with stock 2008 hemi ecu with procharger, thats all been previously tuned on chassis dyno but it still had nag1 trans at that time, thanks for any help, Smitty

Senior Tuner
    post up a copy of the tune.

Senior Tuner
    You are probably tripping the gear ratio check with the new transmission. First you have to tell it each gears' gear ratios (Trans>Auto Shift Properties>General>Gear Ratio

Then you will need to tell it the proper rear end gear ratio, this is done through the scanner (HP posted up a how to a few days back).

Tuner in Training
    My son will post up the tune tomm, but wont not having a prndl, not having input or output trans signals and lack of communication to trans cause this limp modereduced rpm?

Senior Tuner
    Im fairly confident it is the cause. Do you have a TCM installed at all?

Tuner in Training
    Still has tcm, will post tune tomm when son gets back to shop, thanks

Tuner in Training
    here is the original tune file that I pulled with nothing changed by us.
    Attached Files Attached Files