Thread: dog slow turbo turd (new tuner)

dog slow turbo turd (new tuner)

hey guys just wante to ask for some help on my tune.
    i have used parts of a tune that was from a forged motor (bore/stroke 5.3)
    i had been fighting tranny issuse for a long time but i got it sorted out recently and want to start working on making the car attest fun to drive.

the tune is safe as far as i can tell but very much pieced together.i am kinda just looking for advice on where to go with timing and afr under boost
    i know the start up needs a tone of love also as i need to peddle it on start up for 30-45 seconds untill it settles to a idle.
    combo is as follows

fic 1150s
    fpr @43psi
    ls6 im
    stock bottom lq4 (6.0)
    un milled prc 2.5 heads (72cc or 75cc chambers)
    billet quad disk 3200 stall converter
    4l80E stock ish with a transgo hd2 kit
    4.10 gears and 28" DRs
    long tubes/duel 2.5" ex back
    rear mounted pte 5858s T3 82. ex housings
    devils own methanol (off right now)
    5 psi for learning
    bc table, 21 tooth tranny.hpt
    bc table 21 tooth shrot drive2.hpl

Do you have a wideband on it? When I stuck mine together I jacked the VE table way up so that I would for sure have enough fuel. As I finally got it leaned out to 11.5 ish it started getting alot better. It's crazy how doggy running rich can make it. I'm not a great guy to give you any ideas what timing and afr to run but just stick at it. Once you get your afr in line it will be a different beast.
    1999 s10 blazer trailblazer edition nv3500 swap
    2006 GMC ccsb 4x4 duramax/allison

right now at 5psi im shooting for 12-11. afr. i know the timing i to soft for the boost and need to get it more in line wit whatever it should be.
    yes the car has a wideband.
    id like to up the boot some and shot for a easy 500-550whp to keep it alive for a bit

no help?
    i think the injectors may need to be to be scaled as in the logs it is running pretty high g/sec on the timing table for only 5 psi of boost. 1.03 g/cyl for 130kpa.
    seems very high as alot of the tables only go to 120grams
    Last edited by runsfromdacops; 12-04-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Do you have the proper injector data for your injectors? If your injector data is not right, then fueling will never be right.

im not sure if its right, i looked at FICs web site and the injector data they have posted it just flow rates with a fixed fuel reg pressure.

For startup issues, look at your initial fuel pulse at startup to see if you are getting a good squirt. You could be getting too much. Also look at how much air it is looking for at startup. You could have too much or not enough. I had this same issue with mine. I ended up going rich on fuel to get it to start with no throttle, then leaned it out a little at a time. Mine is still rich, but I have no supercharger on it at the moment.

more info?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    your file is kind of messed up. especially your fuel enrichment tables PE
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

i know that. i need help sorting it out.
    the car runs and drive but im sure there are things that need to be fixed.
    what do you see in the fuel enrichment tables pe that i need to do?

im not sure if this tune is worth saving or if would be better off starting over from a bone stock tune

bump it for some insight

come on guys

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    your file is kind of messed up. especially your fuel enrichment tables PE
    whats worng with the pe tables?
    i have the BE set for a target afr so i can get a afr error % to see how far off i am. is that a bad way to go about it
    ?

id be open to some good beginners tuning guides if you guys know of any good ones also