Thread: Problem after reading VCM the first time - Check Gages Light on and no gages

Potential Tuner

Problem after reading VCM the first time - Check Gages Light on and no gages

I plugged my HP Tuners into the car this evening for the first time and read the VCM. Everything went well and I saved the tune without any problems. I turned the ignition key to off and unplugged the cable from the diagnostic port. Put the computer aside and started the car to ensure everything was normal - it was not. Car started but I have a CEL and a message to 'Check Gages'. Turned the key off and tried again - same result. I tried to pull the codes with the DIC but it does not respond. I have no dash lights and the gauges don't work. I've disconnected the battery while researching this problem and I'll try it again in a short while. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Everything was working before I plugged the computer in and it was not plugged into external power - running on the battery only.

2005 Corvette Coupe with Auto.

Potential Tuner
    I went back to the car and checked Instrument Panel Fuse #19 - it was good. Reconnected the battery and everything was back to normal.
    Checked codes on the DIC:
    58-SDM U1096 H
    B0-RFA U1000 H

Cleared the codes and all is good.

Another FM!