Tuner in Training

P59 GTO Flex Fuel OS?

Hello,
    Info:
    2004 LS1 M6 GTO
    OS 1253053 (GTO 2BarSD)
    P59
    2.25 Beta

Wired up the flex fuel sensor(13577429)(White to pin 56, black ground, pink 12v), enabled FF, set DTCs and filled tables from a
    04 Tahoe (file attached). Sensor still reads 0% alcohol, FF not active.

Question:
    Even though the 04 Tahoe has the same visible tables as my GTO OS, is it
    required to use the Tahoe OS or some other one? If so that would require 4 CR correct? (2Bar)Would hate to have to do that.

Attached:
    My current tune
    A 04 FF Tahoe tune

Please guide me
    Thank you

--------------
    RESULTS: Used 2 CR to flash a 04 Tahoe Flex Fuel OS....It works.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Turbomangto; 11-29-2015 at 08:04 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbomangto View Post
    Hello,
    Info:
    2004 LS1 M6 GTO
    OS 1253053 (GTO 2BarSD)
    P59
    2.25 Beta

Wired up the flex fuel sensor(13577429)(White to pin 56, black ground, pink 12v), enabled FF, set DTCs and filled tables from a
    04 Tahoe (file attached). Sensor still reads 0% alcohol, FF not active.

Question:
    Even though the 04 Tahoe has the same visible tables as my GTO OS, is it
    required to use the Tahoe OS or some other one? If so that would require 4 CR correct? (2Bar)Would hate to have to do that.

Attached:
    My current tune
    A 04 FF Tahoe tune

Please guide me
    Thank you
    Yes, FF isn't supported in the "604" GTO base file so a "603" base file would need to be licensed, upgraded to a 2 bar file, and wrote to the PCM in order for the FF signal to be received and used in the rest of the related tables. I've inquired a few times (as well as many others) to HPT Support regarding this seemingly easy addition, but they said this wasn't something they were able to just add to the "604" file so a "603" file was needed.

Tuner in Training
    Okay thanks for your response. In this case any 603 base file will work? Seems totally silly that it would have the options listed and not have them functional.

Tuner in Training
    I really don't want to use 4 cr on the wrong file.

Tuner
    Okay thanks for your response. In this case any 603 base file will work? Seems totally silly that it would have the options listed and not have them functional.
    From my understanding - yes. I know... I said the same thing over the past year when I was trying to get them to add it. It seems like it would be SUPER easy to get it functional, but apparently it is a much harder task than I am making it out to be.

I really don't want to use 4 cr on the wrong file.
    Only 2cr now... enhancements are free

Tuner in Training
    Nice!! Didn't know that. I am just going to use the attached Tahoe file with 2bar then and flash it over. Will I lose any features?

Tuner
    Nice!! Didn't know that. I am just going to use the attached Tahoe file with 2bar then and flash it over. Will I lose any features?
    I haven't actually looked at the tune file since I am on my work computer so I am not sure how "FF-ready" it is. Sorry, I'm not sure about losing any features.

Tuner in Training
    Very well. I thought i understood what the base file was referring to, but all of my OS #s are in the 1253053 format. Could you please elaborate? I am curious if the segment swapper is capable applying this from another FF vehicle as i see Engine, engine diag, trans, trans dia, fuel system, system and speedo in there.

Tuner
    Very well. I thought i understood what the base file was referring to, but all of my OS #s are in the 1253053 format. Could you please elaborate? I am curious if the segment swapper is capable applying this from another FF vehicle as i see Engine, engine diag, trans, trans dia, fuel system, system and speedo in there.
    That sounds like a 2 bar OS number. Check under "OS" and see what the 1 bar OS number is documented as. From the searching I did, "604" didn't have a compatible segment swap file that allowed FF, but something might have progressed since then.

Tuner in Training
    Ah i see, using 2.25 doesn't show those numbers as 2.24 does. I am going to license this attached Tahoe File, convert it to 2bar, apply my settings and do a full write. Will i need to change the vin or anything?
    Your plethora of knowledge is appreciated.

Tuner
    Ah i see, using 2.25 doesn't show those numbers as 2.24 does. I am going to license this attached Tahoe File, convert it to 2bar, apply my settings and do a full write. Will i need to change the vin or anything?
    Your plethora of knowledge is appreciated.
    What is the "OS" number for the Tahoe file?

Not sure... I would say "yes" to changing the VIN because of a possible WIN mismatch with the other modules, but I always find it good practice to do so no matter what.

Thank you. I have spent almost 2yrs trying to accomplish a M6-to-4L80E swap with FF AND for everything to work exactly like it is supposed to.

Tuner in Training
    12587603 (one attached in this thread) I am just nervous that if i license this file (which has a different vin on the licensing screen) that i will run into more licensing issues when i try to flash it to my car. Not even sure if HP allows me to switch the vins.

Tuner
    12587603 (one attached in this thread) I am just nervous that if i license this file (which has a different vin on the licensing screen) that i will run into more licensing issues when i try to flash it to my car. Not even sure if HP allows me to switch the vins.
    Sorry, I haven't been able to look at it yet since I am still at work so I wasn't sure it if was a "603" file or not; That one *should* work.

I've heard that HPT allows a VIN change now, but EFILive will definitely work if you know anyone that can swap the VIN for you if HPT won't work. The VCM ID will remain the same after the VIN swap in EFILive so you won't have to license the file again. Not sure if that helps or not.

Tuner in Training
    How did you get FF to work on your car?

Senior Tuner
    You do realize 04 Tahoe is drive by wire. 04 GTO is drive by cable.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, i am thinking that it could just be disabled? Or would that cause other issues?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...976#post384976

Seemed to do this.

Just because tables are there doesn't mean everything in the background required to activate something is available. There's a hell of a lot more going on than what you see in your HPT file. Unfortunately, the P59 just isn't a great platform to deal with.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Do you see any reason why i cant flash the 12587603 OS from the FF Tahoe then?

You may have communication issues with the BCM and PIM.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner
    Yes, i am thinking that it could just be disabled? Or would that cause other issues?

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...976#post384976

Seemed to do this.
    I'm glad you found that thread... I was going to link that here too, but I have been swamped with an upcoming move and trying to finish up stuff for my current employer.

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Just because tables are there doesn't mean everything in the background required to activate something is available. There's a hell of a lot more going on than what you see in your HPT file. Unfortunately, the P59 just isn't a great platform to deal with.
    This. I think the pros outweigh the cons though. The one thing that annoys me is the commanded RPM is set to "0" before the system check is complete.

No BCM/PIM communications issues noted to date.