Thread: 2006 LBZ Egr questions

Potential Tuner

2006 LBZ Egr questions

Hello folks.

Im looking for some onformation here, and hoping someone can give me some proper info.

I have a friend with a 2006 HD with an LBZ. He has a 4" turbo back exhaust installed that is causing an intermittent P0401 at cruise do to low back pressure.

I have completed diagnostics on the system and it is performing properly, the cooler has been removed and cleaned and the valve replaced with a new GM part at his request.

On gas stuff, i could just got to DTC's and click to disable MIL command for the P0401 code, and we would be happy. The truck runs well, he just does not want to look at the MIL lamp.

I read that some folks just go into the EGR area, and chance the MIN and MAX coolant temps to make it so the EGR never works, but alot of folks say that is not a proper way. He was hoping not to delete the EGR system completely.

I dont want to complicate this, and cause any drivibility issues and fuel mileage losses.

Can anyone lend me some help on this?

Thanks!

RyaN

Potential Tuner
    Bump! Anyone have any insight on this? Ill have the truck back here tomorrow, id like to take care of it while its here!

I installed a block off plate and disabled the EGR. I've never thrown a code. Read that under certain conditions the EGR can be pushed open.

Tuner in Training
    I think there's something else wrong. I've never had a free flowing exhaust system cause an EGR code. It may be getting pushed open with high boost pressure.

When I disabled the EGR on my 06, it caused surging and a MAF code. To properly disable the EGR I had to install a block off plate as well as switching it off in the tune.