Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: 3.5 EcoBoost Advice?

But why? It is supposed to describe the VE model of the engine, not what you want it to do.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LastPlace View Post
    I have seen them done like that.
    OK cool thanx.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    But why? It is supposed to describe the VE model of the engine, not what you want it to do.
    Not sure as to why exactly, and your right as to what it is supposed to represent. I do not plan on trying this as I would imagine the driving would probably be erratic. I was just fiddling around to help with brainstorming. Been a while since Ive gotten to mess with an ecoboost. Anyone ever figure out which table has absolute control over desired tip yet?

Advanced Tuner
    I am still trying to determine why a vehicle would enable Turbo FMEM during a WOT pull. And why it can't be eliminated or refined.

Kris

Quote Originally Posted by kris5597 View Post
    I am still trying to determine why a vehicle would enable Turbo FMEM during a WOT pull. And why it can't be eliminated or refined.

Kris
    From overboost it can. Set max tip to highest you can and adjust boost with wastegate DC and disable/change underboost limits as you will get underboost errors.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caniggia View Post
    From overboost it can. Set max tip to highest you can and adjust boost with wastegate DC and disable/change underboost limits as you will get underboost errors.
    I wanted to retain some Ford logic with using Desired TIP max table. An issue I am also seeing is that the 2017 3.5 Ecoboost does not log wastegate duty cycle, so that implements another issue to changing the logic.

Kris

Kris
    Under Engine>Torque management>turbocharger>Airflow limit.....Have you increased this table?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    Under Engine>Torque management>turbocharger>Airflow limit.....Have you increased this table?
    Yessir. I see that another member mentioned something about a max load of 1.85. It could be related on coincidental, but during my log, once the load, regardless of rpm, hits 1.85, I hit a wastegate airflow limit, then once it crosses over to 1.90, I see Turbo FMEM and then load continues to fall off from there. I have altered every limit I can find, even wastegate airflow limit, FMEM limit, airflow limit, etc. I did recently discover that the load multiplier under Speed Density > Maximum load > ACT Correction is way less than 1.0 than I have seen on an ecoboost, I am wondering if this is creating a load cap or limit. If this is not the solution, 1.85 load may just be max achieved, unless something his hidden somewhere.

Kris

Yessir. I see that another member mentioned something about a max load of 1.85. It could be related on coincidental, but during my log, once the load, regardless of rpm, hits 1.85, I hit a wastegate airflow limit, then once it crosses over to 1.90, I see Turbo FMEM and then load continues to fall off from there. I have altered every limit I can find, even wastegate airflow limit, FMEM limit, airflow limit, etc. I did recently discover that the load multiplier under Speed Density > Maximum load > ACT Correction is way less than 1.0 than I have seen on an ecoboost, I am wondering if this is creating a load cap or limit. If this is not the solution, 1.85 load may just be max achieved, unless something his hidden somewhere.

Kris
    This is on a 2017 f150 3.5 ecoboost?

Advanced Tuner
    This is on a 2017 f150 3.5 ecoboost?
    Yessir.

Yessir.
    possibly could be wastegate control max airflow....Other than that, the only other thing Ive seen cause this is under the turbo protection tab in airflow limits.

Advanced Tuner
    possibly could be wastegate control max airflow....Other than that, the only other thing Ive seen cause this is under the turbo protection tab in airflow limits.
    That's what I would have thought too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I wanted to retain some Ford logic with using Desired TIP max table. An issue I am also seeing is that the 2017 3.5 Ecoboost does not log wastegate duty cycle, so that implements another issue to changing the logic.

Kris
    You can log Electronic Wastegate Command.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Not sure as to why exactly, and your right as to what it is supposed to represent. I do not plan on trying this as I would imagine the driving would probably be erratic. I was just fiddling around to help with brainstorming. Been a while since Ive gotten to mess with an ecoboost. Anyone ever figure out which table has absolute control over desired tip yet?
    All id like to do is raise desired tip without having actual tip follow it. Since I only get to work on ecoboost very infrequently, I don't get to work on this as much as I'd like. I can raise boost and get timing and all that but the desired tip/actual tip control deal eludes me.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    You can log Electronic Wastegate Command.
    Thanks Eric, I will look into this!

Eric, can you verify the issues I am having and lend some insight?

Kris

Tuner in Training

Knock

Quote Originally Posted by 96gt4.6 View Post
    So far so good! Looks like the timing peaks around 9 degrees with 14 psi of boost. Lambda is in the .790-810 range. This is on 91 octane and an entirely stock '15 F150

I see you have about 2 degrees to much timing somewhere.

Potential Tuner
    bump
    E-85 Flex Fuel, Texas Speed 2'' primary ceramic Long Tube Headers, High Flow Cats, LT2 Intake Manifold, LT5 Soler Performance Throttle Body, Rotofab, ZL1 1LE wheels are tires, Silvers coil overs, BMR strut brace, Black lugs, Recaros, Red belts and kick panels, HP Tuners, AEM Wideband, Sunroof and Bose, Elite Catch Can, Diode Dynamics smoked LED sidemarkers, NPP exhaust, Graphite black ground effects, 3 inch Drop, T93 Unlocked

https://www.youtube.com/@ericknickerson
    Please subscribe