Thread: Noob already has no hair and has yet to open a file

Potential Tuner

Noob already has no hair and has yet to open a file

I am new to all this, and of course my first tune will me nightmare

I bought a 1999 vx commodore which had a mafless (SD) tune

I was given a cam with only a few hundred km on it, so threw it and springs in on the weekend. It is a Lunati 222 & 227 @50 on 113. It has 4 into 1 headers and twin 2.5 inch exhaust and OTR cold air . No Maff Sensor. It will run on 98 octane

I have purchased HPT pro and a good 5 wire wideband. It is my daily driver fo the next few months (and shock horror I want to race it this weekend, hillclimb and supersprint)

Start the car after the cam and it idles ok, but only because it is cold, as soon as it warms up it will not idle at all.t
    Time to plug in and start playing.

Authorization fail, it has a tuner lock grrrrr

It has been suggested I can just overwrite the existing file.

In the tune repository, I found 3 files that interest me.

1.Stock commodore, so I start from scratch (remember I am a noob)

2 Commodore with a cold air and exhaust and SD (so similar to what I have now)

3 2001 Camaro 001 Chevrolet Camaro
    Engine: 5.7 V8 - Automatic
    Submitted By: Ben Gould
    Download this Tune File
    212/218 .522 .529 cam, lid, no maf (sd tune), 2otl catback, yank ss3200 converter, p&p TB ve, timing, shift points, TCC, idle, PE a/f, fans

number 3 looks like it would be a good starting point for me HOWEVER when I go into calibration details it says OSmod Locked. So if I download and pay for this one, am I no better off than what I have now, OR can I unlock it?

Any thoughts or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Mal

As I understood it when tuner locked you replace the ecu and have it flashed by the dealer first. And go from there.

Tuner
    You cant always overwrite ECUs, but if you can do it to yours then use a stock Commodore file same year as yours and modify that one to suit your cam etc.
    We can help you with that