Thread: Need some help

Tuner in Training

Need some help

I am helping a buddy with a LS swap in a RX-7. The swapped motor is a 5.3 from an 01 Tahoe with a car intake. The motor runs really bad with MAF connected, and the fuel trims are going up to 50. The o2 sensors are staying low. If we disconnect the MAF, the car runs pretty good, the fuel trims are within 10 and the o2 sensors seem to be working normally.

Any ideas? I'm pretty new to tuning and such. Thanks

You must tune the motor for the change in intake manifold. The MAF and VE tables are now going to be way off because the truck intake design is different from the car intake.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You must tune the motor for the change in intake manifold. The MAF and VE tables are now going to be way off because the truck intake design is different from the car intake.
    Thanks. Can I just copy the tables from somewhere, or does it need to be dyno tuned?

You can do everything with real world driving, no dyno needed.

And no you can't copy and paste from anywhere, they never made a 5.3 with a LS1 style intake.

You'll want to invest in a wideband if you don't have one and look up how to VE and MAF tune the car and go from there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I see, thanks