Thread: Disabling CEL for remote start

Potential Tuner

Disabling CEL for remote start

I have a CEL for my evap vent solenoid. It is a constant problem due to my living on gravel roads... Anyway, when the CEL is illuminated, my remote start doesn't work... SO my question is; if I disable the fault code, will my remote start work once again? I was just wondering if anyone knew the answer before I drop the credits on this car which I have no intention to tune otherwise.

Thanks!

I'd just replace the part instead if it was me.

Otherwise yes, you could just delete the code and it would run like normal.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

When you disable p0449 the ecm will still run evap test and will set other codes... P0442 etc... You could disable all evap codes... I would replace the vent sol and route the vent filter to back of engine and you can wrap the filter with some foam and a "panty hose".

Tuner in Training
    $100 for credits and disable all EVAP codes or keep replacing the vent valve or relocate vent valve or the filter depending on your setup. Don't know what your driving so don't know where your vent valve is located or if you have a separate filter.
    99 Suburban - slow, almost stock
    99 Regal GS - quick, some work done to it, 327k just cant kill the damn thing 13.99 best 1/4
    00 Regal GS - Fast, hates tires, work in progress, just finished assembling then the track closed
    03 R6 - probably gonna get rid of this thing in the spring before I end up in jail, lol yeah right i said that last year and the year before