Thread: Running a electric fan off the pcm

Potential Tuner

Running a electric fan off the pcm

I'm looking to wire in a crown Vic fan on my 07 non classic 2500hd 6.0 and do away with the manual fan. I've done this in the past with probes that slide into the fins on the radiator to trigger the fan. It works just have to play with it to get it right. My question is does my pcm have a fan trigger that reads from the temp sensor that I can enable a tap into and run to my relay? If it does where could I find it and enable it? I'm new to tuning in general just bought my tuner to disable the vvt and play with the tune for my cam, raised compression, exhaust, etc. I figured it would be more accurate if it had it already in the pcm to trigger a auxiliary fan. Any info would be appreciated and yes I did search the forum for this, but came up short. So if there's a post that has answered this sorry.

Potential Tuner
    I did this when installing into my '68 Firebird. Google PCM controlled fans yielded several options. A lot depends on what PCM and wire harness you are using. Also the OS on the PCM. Some are set up for single fan operation. Mine happened to be dual-fan only and I disabled the second fan. The PCM will have a trigger wire that runs the ground or signal side of a relay (I forget which).

Not easy, but relatively simple.