Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally Getting a Dyno

Finally Getting a Dyno

Oh man How I have waited for this day. I have got to play with 2 different dynos. this one I learned on..

And this one that is at another shop that I get to use sometimes..

My boss bought a dynojet 224XLC at SEMA. It's a brand new eddy current dyno. It measures up to 2,000hp/2,000tq and up to 200mph. the roller is only 24" so it will be a small pit that we need to have dug. If all goes well, it will be installed by the start of the new year. Just in time to tune the 69 gto we are almost done building. 600hp is the target:
    http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=241858
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 11-17-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Congrats on the Dyno!!
    2000 A4 Camaro SS -- CURRENT PROJECT
    LS6 383 Stroker, Cali Comp Star Forged Internals, Vengeance Racing Vindicator Cam, TEA 5.3L Stage 1.5 Heads , Tooley Springs, LS7 lifters, LS2 Bucket Trays, 42# green top injectors, Fast Toys Lid. ((Missing an intake and TB)) RPM Level 5 4L60E, Billet 4k Converter, 12 bolt Strange 3:73's, Racetronics Hot Wire Fuel System, Future Bottle Fed Baby

Ya man. we break ground and start digging the pit next week. we should be up and running the first week of January. We are a magnuson dealer. Once installed we are gonna pick a Saturday and just give out a mess of free dyno pulls. We will have a rep from magnuson on hand with a cutaway supercharger to show and talk to anybody interested. He will park his lettered up truck by the street to help grab attention for us. All this can't happen soon enough.
    Last edited by AutoWiz; 12-17-2015 at 11:14 PM.

That's my corvette on the dyno in the first picture and me instructing with my back towards the camera. I enjoy helping in those classes.
    Phil

Tuner in Training
    Congrats! Definitely a huge step up and something to be very proud of!

Hey Phil. it has been like 4 years since I was there. but it was a great course, I learned a lot from it, and am a successful tuner today because of it. It really gave me a good working knowledge of the software. And working at a corvette specialty shop I liked your car from the moment I saw it. here are a few other pics I have of that beautiful c5..

And the contractors are bringing the jackhammers tomorrow and are busting up the floor in the shop to dig the pit as per dynojet's specifications. here is where it is going..

We got started on preparations for the new dyno..

Tuner
    Very nice congrats on the dyno it's the best tuner tool you can have and a wideband lol
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

I am really looking forward to using the variable load. I am curious as to how hptuners is going to interact with the dynojet 224xlc. It connects to the car's obd2 port and uses engine data for rpm signal and even o2 data and whatnot. So I wounder how I will have the dyno and the mpvi connected to log data with vcm scanner while I make pulls. or hold the car at certain load points to fill histograms.

The pit..

The 24" roller..

And then there is this..

dyno is bolted down in the pit. and eddy current unit is bolted to dyno and pit..

Advanced Tuner
    Very nice! We have the same setup at our shop and it is a great tool. The eddy current makes SD tuning a breeze.

As far as the OBD hookup goes, I don't even use it anymore. All the logging that I do is done through HP Tuners.

Ya know I have been woundering about that. I really like the idea of the obd hookup, But how am I gonna log data and fill a histogram with vcm scanner while the dyno is occupying the car's obd2 port? I guess you just answered that question for me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Ya know I have been woundering about that. I really like the idea of the obd hookup, But how am I gonna log data and fill a histogram with vcm scanner while the dyno is occupying the car's obd2 port? I guess you just answered that question for me. Thanks.
    That's a nice dyno setup. I am taking delivery of my new dyno January 29. It is a dynocom 6000 dyno and they have a new software out that they claim will interface with HPT. I am hoping it will work and not be just a pretty little icon. Enjoy that dyno.

We are primarily a restoration shop. This is really going to step up our game..

This dyno is really gonna help us with our pro touring or resto mod stuff we do like this:
    http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=241858
    And for the stuff we boost:
    http://www.digitalcorvettes.com/foru...d.php?t=260954
    http://www.mp3car.com/show-off-your-...ore-boost.html

While we build what our customers want, We like the more immediate boost of a pd blower and as such we are a magnuson dealer. This dyno is long overdue.

DYNO INSTALL SELFIE!!!

And it is all setup, got to tune a c5 on it today. first car on the new dyno..

Tuner
    Looks good bro congrats hard work pays off
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning