Thread: VE, STFT SD Tuning Question

Potential Tuner

VE, STFT SD Tuning Question

Okay, I have both a 2004 Silverado 1500 5.3 and a 4.8 and I'm trying to get these fuel trims dialed in pretty close. I followed the guide I found on here and turned off LTFT and Flashed SD OS turned MIL Light off for MAF didn't disable it. I've got 400-1600RPM dialed in pretty close + - 5 but from 2.0 - 4.0 (maybe higher) it fluctuates way too much, it'll go from -15 to +18 and back and forth. What is messing with me? Is there something I am doing wrong to dial these #'s in? Low end torque is nice but I'd like to get it right. Yes I know I need a wideband but don't have one yet and I do plan on getting one in the near future but for now I'd like to get these part throttle trims right.

I've got the transmission tuned pretty nice, it's fairly active when I want it to be and drives great when cruising and passing. Anyway is there something else that's messing with my trims when I'm driving and trying to dial them in? I drive 30 minutes between jobs and that should be enough to get a fairly accurate reading on where things are at and change gears and go through all the cells to get a average but it loses it's mind going -15 to + 18 sometimes more and sometimes less. When I make adjustments I do half but now I'm thinking I'm getting inaccurate readings and it's messing with my adjustments!

Thanks in advance for any information that can help me eliminate this issue!

I'd like to add that if I modify them in RTT they do change my histograms... Is there another table on the 5.3 & 4.8's other then the Main VE because I haven't found another VE table that it would reference.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by maxjivi05; 11-17-2015 at 01:31 PM.

Potential Tuner
    I think I solved my own issue just for future reference if anyone has this issue you must mail MAF Sensor even with the SD OS you still have to 0 out the MAF and Hz to make it reference the proper table. I don't understand how or why with the SD OS but it did the trick... I'm able to narrow down my STFT now!