Thread: 6T70 Transmission (Impala) Tap Shift?

Potential Tuner

6T70 Transmission (Impala) Tap Shift?

I know this has been discussed before in regard to the Camaro with the LFX engine, but I have tried to no avail to use that method in my Impala. I would like to know if anyone has figured out a way to enable true tap up / tap down shifting for the LFX Impala instead of the silly "Electronic Range Selection" that the paddle shifters currently control. I would love to be able to do this for my car, but I just haven't been able to find a viable way to do it.

Does anyone even know if this is possible on my car?

Thanks for the help, and sorry if I've made some grievous error here, this is my first time here because I just got HP Tuners and started messing with things.

Advanced Tuner
    I know one other Impala user that tried it and he couldn't get it working either. We're thinking that maybe the TCM software is different on the Camaro and the Impala (the actual code - not just the parameters) and that the functionaility just doesn't exist on the Impala.

I haven't tried it myself yet (I have a 2012 Impala), but i doubt that I would have any different results than you or the otehr person that tried it...