Thread: New to tuning. Advice welcome. LS3 525 Crate Engine E38 ECM

Tuner in Training

New to tuning. Advice welcome. LS3 525 Crate Engine E38 ECM

Hello guys.

Bob from Wisconsin here and I am new to HP tuners - and ecm tuning for all that goes. Last year, I did a LS3 crate engine install in my 66 GTO with an E38 ECM and a Speartech harness. Initial tune came from Speartech which had problems from the get go. P0300 code at idle start up and constant rpm hesitation. I have been getting some assistance from a local guy to iron out some issues. It runs better overall but I am sure there is room for improvement.

While I am grateful for the help, I hate having to depend on others for anything. It is time for me to jump in and educate myself on how these things work and become proficient with the program and tuning. My goal is to systematically go through the tune and make improvements. Leaving no stone unturned - back to basics.

I am looking for advice on where I should start and some direction on how to best tackle my new endevor. Please don't assume that I know anything and please excuse my ignorance as I work through this. I am limited to street tuning at this time. I hope to make it to a dyno next summer but with impending winter, now comes the time to learn as much as possible.

Thanks in advance to all that contribute.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post data log of you car so we can see whats going on...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Working on setting up the scanner. Hope to have some meaningful data by the weekend

Post the log/tune and we'll take a look.
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock