Thread: cold start issue cam only e40 tbss

Advanced Tuner

cold start issue cam only e40 tbss

Ive got a buddie with a mild cam and bolt on ls2 tbss, starts ok warm ( not perfect ) . cold it just cranks and immediately dies as it starts.
    Has stock C6 ls2 vete injectors.

tried maf only and speed desnity, issue seems the same .

I have added about 25% startup airflow , and added some air to the minimum air tables.

I've also tried adding some cranking spark. One table ive never messed with is the startup flare spark.

The only thing I dont like on the truck is the guy has a 3.5" silicone elbow stretched on the stock 90mm throttle body, hes a cheap bastered though and swears its fine but I think the coupling could be cracked and leaking.

would a leaking coupling at the TB cause the issue i'm having ?

anyways, heres the tune file. Please look it over and let me know if you see anything ?

Bill basic,ls2 injectors , ls7 maf only , YANKconverter settings i final.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Mine use to do the same thing. I had to go in and adjust the startup airflow a lot to get the issue fixed
    Matte white 2009 awd Tbss
    85mm billet forward facing turbo setup
    stock bottom end awd record holder 9.98@140 22psi

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 92tsiawdguy View Post
    Mine use to do the same thing. I had to go in and adjust the startup airflow a lot to get the issue fixed

How much is a lot ? I set it to about 25% over stock- should I try like 50% ?