Thread: Having fun in the parking lot

Having fun in the parking lot

Have this truck that just loves to die when performing parking lot maneuvers. Such as putting into reverse to back into a parking spot or changing directions. Otherwise, driving on the road is a lot of fun.

It has a cam of unknown spec that produces about 50-55 kpa at idle, full length headers, 4l65E, 10" stall converter about 3200, AWD, 46# inj, stock intake and TB, CAI, 6.0 with 243 heads (dual springs).

Have used the idle-airflow cfg a few times. Followed the Idle Tuning How-To. Have read and searched many times for a lot of cumulative hours. Have revised the cal numerous times. The truck hates to get parked!

I am reaching out for comments or advice. Appreciate any thoughts on the subject. Thank you.

I have attached a stock file for comaprison.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Engine>Idle>RPM. Under Proportional, Integral and Derivative. Open the boxes for "rpm less than desired" or "rpm error negative" I don't remember the exact description but it's fairly obvious, some of the boxes are for an "overspeed" condition and some are for an "underspeed" condition. you want the underspeed boxes. multiply them all by 10, yes 10, as in 10x's the current values, not 10% and see how that reacts.