Thread: Spark Tables

Advanced Tuner

Spark Tables

I have an 05' GTO A4 and i have a stock bin file from a 2005 vette A4. When you compare the HO spark and PE tables, they are much different. The MAF table looks nothing close. What's up?

The spark seems really aggressive on the vette and a lot leaner. Can they get away with that due to less weight and different rear gear ratios. I believe the tranny ratios are the same.

Jason

EDIT: I can't upload bin files. Is something wrong with the board?
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    hmmm it seems to only not work on ls2 bin's I'll bring it up to keith.

as far as why the tables are different it was the same way with fbodies vs. vettes most say fbodies were slightly detuned from the factory just so the vette would always be faster...that was one of the reasons the GN dissappeared from what i heard...it was faster then the vette for less money & gm wouldnt stand for it
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    What's strange though is that I am not running even close to that much timing and I'm fatter and I'm seeing a little knock at only 70 degrees ambient. I know I couldn't run the vette tables without having problems. I'm wondering what else is different.
    www.outlawpontiacdragseries.com
    Come race with us in MA, PA, and VA!

2005 GTO A4 - Spintech X-pipe with Powerstick mufflers, IAT relocate, Volant, !scoops, !cowlgasket, !skid plate, LM-1, HPT2.0/MPVI Pro USB, 275x40x17 Nitto DR, rolled fenders, Pedders 2985 springs, Britax baby seat with 5 point harness.
    Stock:13.36@104
    Mods in sig:[email protected]

Did you 0 out your AFR spark table? This table adds to your main spark tables when in pe.

Russ Kemp