Thread: 4l60e wont shift out of 2nd at Full Throttle please look at my tune

Tuner in Training

4l60e wont shift out of 2nd at Full Throttle please look at my tune

Guys been through the "ringer" buying this 4th Gen t56 shell and swapping in this 6.0l and 4l60e combo...finally figured out that the ECU pin 42 was grounded internally causing TCC to be engaged all the time...Put my tune on a different 0411 and boom works flawless EXCEPT it will not shift out of 2nd at FULL throttle...I moved the shift mph and rpms very low and it still runs up to redline...but shifts great and part throttle....

Please look over my tune and make sure im not missing something...

Senior Tuner
    Set up a scanner config data logging only RPM, MPH, and Trans Current Gear and do a WOT run . That will show if it is a tune issue or trans issue.

Potential Tuner
    I read somewhere about this issue..... I wanna say that if you put the shift rpm and speed to far apart it would hold the gear

Tuner in Training
    Ok guys, it was the revolutions per MILE...with the beta it won't calculate the correct vss and Trans rev per mile so I was doing the math in hpt Base then copy pasting to the beta....well somehow just the Trans revs per , was set to metric ...I did the math manually installed and she ran through and shifted at 6100 at 77mph..I used a calc to make sure the shift mph were close because I to read if they are to wide it hurts shift command....

What an adventure this has all been! Pulls hard though...

You can set MPH for WOT mode to 0 to test and it will pretty much follow commanded RPM
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Frost, thanks that's good to know be much easier to deal with the metric I really want....so set them all to zero and put my commanded shift rpms in a little low to work my way up for delay....sounds like a plan thanks I'll try it...