Thread: Trying to read a 2013 Challenger 3.6

Tuner in Training

Trying to read a 2013 Challenger 3.6

I am trying to read a 2013 Challenger and it does not seem to want to. I have it in igntion mode and when I hit read or detect, it says detection failed.
    I hooked it up to the VCM scanner and it read it just fine.
    The VCM suite just won't read it.
    Does the Key need to physically be in the car? Or just near the car? Is there anything I am missing, a step I might have overlooked? I am used to GM and Neon SRT tuning, this is my first Challenger. Any hints or recommendations are welcomed. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo2.0 View Post
    I am trying to read a 2013 Challenger and it does not seem to want to. I have it in igntion mode and when I hit read or detect, it says detection failed.
    I hooked it up to the VCM scanner and it read it just fine.
    The VCM suite just won't read it.
    Does the Key need to physically be in the car? Or just near the car? Is there anything I am missing, a step I might have overlooked? I am used to GM and Neon SRT tuning, this is my first Challenger. Any hints or recommendations are welcomed. Thank you.
    You're probably using version 2.24. E-mail support with your serial number.

Tuner in Training
    It came up as the beta, with the standard warning when I use it for my SRT4. I will email my serial #

Senior Tuner
    Sorry for a dumb suggestion but make sure you have the scan program disconnected before trying to read or it will fail.

For the key fob, I think 2013 was a push to start, so you should have it with ignition on, but not started. I believe you push the start button but without your foot on the brake, itll turn on the radio/ignition but not the car.

Again sorry if both these were obvious and I wasted your time haha.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Email support.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"