Thread: 04 blazer kr

04 blazer kr

i seem to have knock on my 04 blazer 4.3 auto how can i tell if its false it also seems random for some reason thanks blazer rtt.hpt blazer.hpl blazer power.cfg

Only during on spot did you have KR under a high load situation, all the other were at low TPS levels and low rpm with no real load on the motor. To me I wouldnt even concern myself with those, it's doing no harm at all.

I couldn't say the reason for them, maybe a bump in the road, something else moving around and causing noise??? You could try to raise the burst knock so it's not as active too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I took out the burst knock so idk I put 93 in and logging it to see what happens with it

Tuner
    Put some octane boost in there, that let u know if it's false knot.

Seemed like it knocked more with 93 in it let me log it again and see

Well last log I just did no kr anywhere so I guess it was true kr

Advanced Tuner
    Also, remember that the computer will "learn" where knock occurs and automatically pull timing in the future under similar circumstances in order to try and prevent it (at least the newer computers do that - it's called "Knock Learn Factor"). You can actually log the Knock Learn Factor if your ECM supports it to see if the computer is pre-emptively pulling timing in order to prevent the knock from occuring again.

That may be way you saw the knock on the frist drive, but not the second drive....

Is it a bad idea to disable knock learn altogether?

Advanced Tuner
    Good question.... I would imagine that the vehicle would knock more if you disable it. KR will still kick in as needed, but that initial knock would still happen whereas it might not if you have knock learn enabled.

I don't think that it would be disasterous to disable it, but probably better off with it, in my opinion (in terms of 'safety", not performance!).

Curious to hear what some more knowledgeable members say though (I'm just a beginner!).

Well I disabled it to see and there was no kr at all I was even able to raise wot timing from 22 to 24 with little to no knock