Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flushed 100$ down the toilet

Well, it's no different than PC's and laptops.. a single part difference can make systems act completely different.

And in the automotive, and as an engine swapper, you might have first hand experience, but sometimes even year to year engines just aren't a direct swap with each other.

I want to avoid going down the road where we have to disclaimer the crap out of everything to cover very rare case scenario.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Well, it's no different than PC's and laptops.. a single part difference can make systems act completely different.

And in the automotive, and as an engine swapper, you might have first hand experience, but sometimes even year to year engines just aren't a direct swap with each other.

I want to avoid going down the road where we have to disclaimer the crap out of everything to cover very rare case scenario.
    What I am trying to see is you have said now its a rare scenario, customer service said the same. If its a rare scenario then why shouldn't I be reimbursed 2 credits. I don't understand

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    How many times are you going to say the same thing and post after yourself? You're making me not want to help you.
    I'm only replying to each person who posted. I may be repeating myself at times but I think its a valid point. not trying to stir anyone up.

So why didn't you read the file, not license it, and send it to support to ask if it was compatible?

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    One of the issues is that 75% of single vcm licenses go towards the year/model license, so if we issue reimbursement credits in these cases you not only get credits put into the upgrade credit system you are getting additional credits on top of that.

Also segment swapping is a feature on all gen 3 ecm's & operating systems. Finding a compatible operating system is what you are having a hard time doing, this has nothing to do with a feature in our software not working as advertised. Ultimately its you, the end user, to have the knowledge and resources in order to do things such as segment swaps. This is a pretty complex procedure that we simplify into something that people can easily do but if you don't know what you are doing you are going to face alot of grief in the end. Its even stated in the sticky I created here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...wapper-utility that the "from" file has to have the same os id as the file the segment is going into, that is segment swapping 101 and we assume if you are doing a segment swap you have at least researched what you need to do and gathered the necessary files.

In some rare instances we have customers email us that they couldn't find a compatible file and 9 out of 10 times I probably have something to help them out in a bind, this was not one of those times.

I'm sorry you had such a rough time with this segment swap but in this case its not a fault of our software but of the lack of a compatible file(and thats not to say there isn't one out there, I just don't have one on hand).
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    So why didn't you read the file, not license it, and send it to support to ask if it was compatible?
    I would be repeating myself again. The reason I didn't do this is because I wasn't told by support to do it that way. they said license it if the tune repository doesn't have they will have something for it. obviously they dont have anything because as mentioned before this is a "very rare case scenario"

We're 100% ok with reimbursing credits due to software bugs, or sales/support staff misinformation.

I'm hesitant to say this, but, we do reimburse credits for rare case scenarios, depending on the situation.

What we want to absolutely avoid is people just licensing things without doing any researching, assuming they can just get a refund on their credits if things don't work out as planned. That's a worst case scenario. Customers are upset because they aren't getting credits reimbursed (even though warnings say they wont...), and HPT support is burdened down constant complaints.

We are the tool manufacturer. Tuning can be quite complex when you want to do things out of the norm, like segment swapping. We hope that the forum, and the community, can help customers use our tool with the more creative/advanced/powerful capabilities.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    One of the issues is that 75% of single vcm licenses go towards the year/model license, so if we issue reimbursement credits in these cases you not only get credits put into the upgrade credit system you are getting additional credits on top of that.

Also segment swapping is a feature on all gen 3 ecm's & operating systems. Finding a compatible operating system is what you are having a hard time doing, this has nothing to do with a feature in our software not working as advertised. Ultimately its you, the end user, to have the knowledge and resources in order to do things such as segment swaps. This is a pretty complex procedure that we simplify into something that people can easily do but if you don't know what you are doing you are going to face alot of grief in the end. Its even stated in the sticky I created here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...wapper-utility that the "from" file has to have the same os id as the file the segment is going into, that is segment swapping 101 and we assume if you are doing a segment swap you have at least researched what you need to do and gathered the necessary files.

In some rare instances we have customers email us that they couldn't find a compatible file and 9 out of 10 times I probably have something to help them out in a bind, this was not one of those times.

I'm sorry you had such a rough time with this segment swap but in this case its not a fault of our software but of the lack of a compatible file(and thats not to say there isn't one out there, I just don't have one on hand).
    I fully understand this is a rare case like mentioned. That's doesn't change the fact that I am still out two credits for something I cannot use because its such an oddball.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by 72vega383 View Post
    I would be repeating myself again. The reason I didn't do this is because I wasn't told by support to do it that way. they said license it if the tune repository doesn't have they will have something for it. obviously they dont have anything because as mentioned before this is a "very rare case scenario"
    Even if support had recommended this(I'm not saying we did, I didn't go through your past emails with us) but if we had it wouldn't be the wrong thing to advise...think of it this way, if we had said to you "we don't have a compatible segment swap file" BEFORE you licensed the ecm you'd still need to FIND a file that would work, from the repository or other means and then flash that file to your ecm(which would use 4 credits to do), so either scenerio is going to cost you 4 credits no matter how you cut it.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"