Thread: id2000 injector tuning

id2000 injector tuning

i have an 2009 cobalt LS 2.2 that im building a motor for with a s259 turbo and going for 600 hp on e85. Im planning on using id2000 injectors and need some help with how to modify everything needed to make them work. the motor is not together yet bu i want to start on the tune awhile. Heres the tune from when i ran 60# injectors. thanks cobalt ls turbo race.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    Well first off go to Injector Dynamic's site for the injectors data(offset, pulse corrections, limits, etc.). Then set flow rate multiplier tables to 1.0. Then on your flow rate table set to highest flow rate which on your ecu is 127lb/hr. And then to make it all work right you will have to modify the MAF Calibration table quite a bit, depends on how your fuel system is setup. But most likely around 50% will need to be pulled from the from the MAF table. And doing this will effect any table that is used with cylinder airmass. So you will have to modify any table that is measured by cylinder airmass. So you can start by moving your timing tables down .20g/cyl. And you will have to keep a very close eye on timing and knock when you get the car going for so much being changed in the ignition timing. And that would get you close for whatever fuel you were running before.

That being said if you were on pump gas and now going to E85 with the injector change, you can start by putting 33% back into the MAF table for running E85. Then you will just have to start dialing in from there once you get it started.

thanks man

Tuner in Training
    Doesnt the 09 lap use the e37 ecu? My e37 only goes to 63.5lb/hr i believe.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowbalt2000 View Post
    Doesnt the 09 lap use the e37 ecu? My e37 only goes to 63.5lb/hr i believe.
    Yes, it is running a E37 ECU. I also gave him that information from the file that he posted up.

Tuner in Training
    thanks for that info, weird they would change that between years.