Thread: Fast 150628 39# INJ Data so confusing

Tuner

Fast 150628 39# INJ Data so confusing

Can anyone explain how I can verify that I have the correct injector data. I called FAST they don't have data on my injectors, I called Texas Speed where the injectors came from and they don't have the data, but they sent me the tune they flashed onto my ECU so where did that data come from? I am chewing my lip bloody trying to verify that I have the correct data! I hate to spend the extra cash to just buy new injectors just to feel warm and fuzzy that the data is correct. I have Greg Banish injector data but that says the 39# injectors are for a FORD not GM are they the same?

I can't find injector data for the life of me and don't know how to move forward.

Here is the tune from when I got a dyno tune (this tune is different from the mail order tune I got with the ECU from TSP):
    323is original dyno tune.hpt

Thanks in advanced.
    Torque_Vector
    408ci stroker LS3 1998 BMW 323is - 490RWHP 466RWT in 100 degree weather
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Torque_Vector View Post
    Can anyone explain how I can verify that I have the correct injector data. I called FAST they don't have data on my injectors, I called Texas Speed where the injectors came from and they don't have the data, but they sent me the tune they flashed onto my ECU so where did that data come from? I am chewing my lip bloody trying to verify that I have the correct data! I hate to spend the extra cash to just buy new injectors just to feel warm and fuzzy that the data is correct. I have Greg Banish injector data but that says the 39# injectors are for a FORD not GM are they the same?

I can't find injector data for the life of me and don't know how to move forward.

Here is the tune from when I got a dyno tune (this tune is different from the mail order tune I got with the ECU from TSP):
    323is original dyno tune.hpt

Thanks in advanced.
    Is that the actual part number on the injector?
    1961 C-10 5.3 NV3500

2007 NNBS ECSB 4.8

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mcfarlnd View Post
    is that the actual part number on the injector?
    lol! I am sorry I put the wrong number. Well they are FAST injectors and you cannot read the original part number because they pasted there FAST logo right over the top of it (see attached picture). I called Texas Speed and asked them what injectors was in the 408ci Stroker I had built by them and they told me 39# injectors, but they didn't have the data. After I got my car dyno tuned by a shop I had TSP send me the mail order tune. (See tunes below). The dyno tuner changed the data some.

If you do some squinting and tricky lighting you can kind of make out the INJ part# I think it reads 0280158051.

I just want to find out if I have the correct data before I go changing anything while I am learning.

my_injectors.jpg

scott welford turn keyt1.hpt - TSP mail order tune
    323is original dyno tune.hpt - Dyno Tune
    Torque_Vector
    260cc CNC Ported PRC heads, 11.25:1 Compression, 4" stroke, 242/250 .615/.615", Nick Williams 92mm TB, LS3 intake/fuel rails, FAST 39# INJ, 3" x-pipe dual exhaust

Additions: ID1300 INJ, Flex Fuel Sensor, Aeromotive 5GPM variable speed Fuel Pump...

Advanced Tuner
    That part number shows as an LS7 injector. You can use an LS7 tune to get the injector data from. There is a post a bit down the page about using gen4 injector data on a gen3 PCM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by matty b View Post
    That part number shows as an LS7 injector. You can use an LS7 tune to get the injector data from. There is a post a bit down the page about using gen4 injector data on a gen3 PCM.
    Thanks, I will check that out.
    Torque_Vector