Thread: LNF MAF tuning with BOV?

Tuner in Training

LNF MAF tuning with BOV?

Hey guys, I'm new to tuning (which I'm sure you hear a lot) and I'm currently working on a tune for my lnf. Right now I'm running a zzp tune with a MAF relocate and external BOV. I'm about to begin the MAF tuning, so I was wondering if their was anything special I needed to do to the table before or during the process to show the BOV being present? I have already disable the Bypass valve stuck open code. So I would figure that since the MAF has already been relocated I wouldnt need to do anything else. Thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...357-LNF-Guides

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...nd-LTFT-Tuning

How to tune the MAF in the lower charge pipe:
    *Set the entire Maf Correction Table to 1's.
    *Flash the car and unplug the purge solenoid!!
    *Warm up the car, drive it a lil until you reach operating temp, then start logging.
    *Do a mix of driving between city, highway and pulls, 1 LOG!!!! do not split it up!!!
    *Then goto the Histo's for LTFT+STFT vs Maf vs Freq and copy/paste over that table in HPT using Paste Special multiply by %
    *Then flash that to the car, warm up and drive
    *Log again doing the same method above, you want to try and hit as many load cells as possible and multiple times too
    *Then again, copy the Histo data for LTFT+STFT vs Maf vs Freq and do paste special multiply by 1/2% this time
    *Flash, warm up, drive, log. The LTFT should have settled into +/-1% by now
    *Now using the STFT vs Maf Correction Histo after a long drive again, select the whole table and paste special by 1/2% over the MAF Correction tables.
    *You may or may not need to do this twice but after this step the LT should be +/-1% and the ST's should be under 3-4% at anytime.
    *If there is spots in the Correction Histo that are over 5%, JUST adjust those spots now!
    *After the trims are stable plug the Purge Solenoid back in!
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Tuner in Training
    Ok great, that's how I had planned to do that MAF tuning, I wasn't sure if anything needed to be change for the BOV. Thanks for the confirmation!